Heatless Curls for Short Hair: The 3 Proven Methods to Try ASAP!
Using heat every day to style your hair and get these gorgeous curls is not always the best decision. It can be very damaging and lead to hair loss at some point. Thankfully, women are starting to try the heatless methods more and more. But do they work on short hair? How to do heatless curls for short hair? What are the methods that actually work?
Table of Contents
Heatless Curls for Short Hair: The 3 Proven Methods
Having these flawless curls is not always an easy job. If you start using heating tools to style your hair, the results can be… catastrophic. I don’t mean to scare you, but even if you apply thermal protection spray, in the long term your hair won’t look the same anymore. To prevent that from happening, why not try the heatless methods that are actually proven to work? I know what you are thinking – does it work for short hair? There are actually 3 methods that you can do at home and your short locks will look like you just came out of the salon! Go ahead and check them out now!
How Do You Get Heatless Curls on Short Hair?
The first method that we are going to show you is very easy and you won’t need anything else except paper towels. Yes, that’s right! You can curl your hair without heat, only using paper towels. For long hair, it can take from 20 to 30 minutes to curl it, but for short-haired girlies it will not take more than 10 minutes! Here’s how to do it:
- The first step is to wet your hair. If you are using the paper towel method, don’t apply too much water, since the paper towels can rip in the process. If you want, you can use a hair defining spray.
- Brush your hair really well before curling it to avoid the freeze.
- Now, grab one paper towel and separate into 4 long pieces. You don’t have to be precise.
- Take one small piece and place it on a small hair section. If you want larger curls, take a larger hair section. The paper towel should be 5 cm above your hair end. Twist the end a couple of times around the paper towel piece and start rolling upwards.
- Then tie the paper towel carefully. You don’t want to rip it.
- Do that with the rest of your hair.
- You can leave the paper overnight, or simply leave it on for 3 hours. And finally, enjoy the results!
Overnight Heatless Curls for Short Hair: Step by Step
If you want heatless curls that will last all day long, you will need an overnight method. Thankfully, this method is a true miracle and you are going to love it. You are probably already familiar with the satin tool and the two hair ties that everyone is using on TikTok. If you don’t have the tool or don’t want to spend money on it, you can achieve the same results with your bathrobe belt and two regular hair ties. Now, let’s jump ahead to the overnight method!
- Slightly damp your hair and place the bathrobe belt or the satin tool in the middle of your head. Clip it with the hair claw so it doesn’t move.
- Separate your hair into two sections.
- Start with the first section. Grab a small piece of hair and twist it around the bathrobe belt/satin tool. Take the first piece over the belt, and while still holding it, grab another small section with the one that you are holding. Now, twist both sections together around the belt. Hold onto them and grab another small section and repeat. Once you are done, secure with a hair tie.
- Now, do the same with the other half of your hair and tie it.
- Remove the hair claw and leave your hair like that overnight.
- Once you wake up, remove the belt carefully.
- You can comb the curls if you want your hairstyle to look more subtle. If not, apply a texturizing spray and enjoy your curls!
Quick Heatless Curls for Short Hair: Easy Tutorial
This 3rd method is certainly the quickest out of them. All you are going to need is a hairband. Keep in mind that this particular method will give you curls that look subtle and effortless. They won’t look super defined if you don’t apply a product on them.
- Take a hairband and place it on your head like a bandana. Wet your hair as well for better results.
- Grab a small section of hair and twist around it, going inwards.
- Do the same with the rest of your hair and wait for 1 or 2 hours.
- Carefully undo your hair and spray it with texturizing spray. Enjoy your curls!