Have you ever gotten this feeling that you just want to go to the bathroom in front of your mirror, and cut your hair? It happens to me sometimes for just a few seconds, and then the feeling disappears, because I understand that I am not a professional and the result might be… funny. Well, today I am here to prove myself and many of you wrong! We are not going to learn how to cut our hair, but rather do something simple and trendy – let’s cut curtain bangs at home! How to do that? How to style them? Keep on reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
What Are Curtain Bangs?
What is a home without beautiful curtains that add to the ambiance and make it feel more cozy? The same goes for these bangs. Curtain bangs do a great job of framing your face and make your facial features look softer. They are parted in the middle and they look swept. The length is normally long, but you can also adapt them short, depending on what goes well with your face shape. If you want to add sophistication to your haircut, then you definitely need this fringe. They are very easy to maintain and style as well. Apparently, you can even cut them at home by following easy steps. Let’s find out how to do that!
How to Cut Curtain Bangs at Home?
I know that we believe that we can do everything we set our mind into ladies, however I advise you to be super careful if you are going to cut your hair at home. It might seem like an easy task, but it can be really tricky. I have tried cutting my hair with regular scissors and the results were catastrophic. That can be really damaging for your hair and it can lead to split ends. With that being said, my advice is to make sure you have the right tools before you cut curtain bangs at home. Here is what you are going to need:
- Comb to separate the hair in sections
- Hair scissors
- Thinning shears
Now, let’s start with the step-by-step guide!
- Start by separating the section, which is going to be cut.
- As you can see on the video, the section should look like a triangle.
- Using your flat iron, straighten this section of hair. If you don’t have one, then you can simply wet it.
- Separate that same section of hair into three small parts.
- Starting from the middle one, cut it right above the nose tip. Keep it a little bit longer than you might think at first, since you will have more to work with later.
- Cut the two sides diagonally as shown on the video. Be careful with that, since if you cut them straight, you cannot achieve the face framing effect of the curtain bangs.
- Check if the bangs look even. If not, try to make it look as even as possible.
- Now grab your thinning shears. They will help you blend all the hair together and make it look softer, without any harsh lines.
- Focus on the bottom parts, because you want them to be blended perfectly into the rest of the hair.
- Finally, style your hair however you like! And voilà! Watch the video, so it can give you a visual idea of what exactly to do!
Read also: Find one of the best haircuts to match with this fringe – C cut with curtain bangs for the best face-framing effect!
How to Style Curtain Bangs?
What is the best thing when it comes to curtain bangs? They are not only easy to cut at home, but also easy to style. There are different techniques and ways that you can try out. People are styling them with a blow-dryer, flat iron, curling iron, and other tools. In this video, you can check out how to style your brand new curtain bangs according to a professional hairdresser.
What products to use when styling curtain bangs? If you want to keep your bangs looking amazing for the entire day, you have to use texturizing spray. Another good product will be volumizing moose, heat protecting spray and hydrating leave-in creams. Haircuts with curtain bangs normally have this feathery effect. Keep in mind that in order to maintain it properly, your hair will need a lot of moisture and hydration.
Read also: Do you know that short hair with curtain bangs is another super trendy haircut? Find out why and how to adapt it!