How to Make Bouncing Bubbles? Create Sparkling Flying Balls That Do Not Pop!
Soap bubbles have fascinated children and parents, that take part in this wonderful games with transparent flying balls, for decades. But have you ever imagined that they can defy gravity, flying far, or even bounce? And what would you say about trying to catch a bubble, larger than your toddler? Well, let’s descend these science fiction space stories to Earth! Now, it’s possible to create soap bubbles that may bounce right at your home! Making these magic spheres can not only be a delightful, but educational experience for your children. Their shimmering colors and delicate nature make not only little ones, but adults to amuse. In this article, we will explore the secrets behind these transparent flying balls, and share with you the best recipes on how to make bouncing bubbles.
Table of Contents
Bouncing Bubbles Recipe
You should no longer search for the way how to make bouncing bubbles, as we are going to give you the exact recipe. Creating them requires a slightly different approach compared to making regular ones. The secret lies in the balance of the mixture ingredients used in this solution. Here’s a simple recipe for you:
- 1 cup (235 ml) distilled water
- 2 tbsp dishwashing liquid
- 1 tbsp corn syrup or glycerin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
How to make:
- Pour the distilled water: Choose a clean container for the purpose.
- Add the dishwashing liquid: Gently stir to mix well.
- Pour the corn syrup or glycerin: Slightly stir the mixture again.
- Sprinkle with the baking powder: Then mix the ingredients until they dissolve entirely.
- Let the mixture rest: Leave it for at least an hour before using it, which will help for the solution to stabilize.
What Ingredient Makes Bubbles Not to Pop But Bounce?
When you want bubbles that are more resistant to popping, glycerin or corn syrup are the best ingredients to be added to your solution. As these substances help to increase the surface tension of the liquid, the bubbles are made from, making them stronger and less likely to burst upon contact. Glycerin and corn syrup also act as humectants, which means they retain moisture of the flying ball and slow down the evaporation process. This is another reason that allows the bubbles to last longer and remain intact. By incorporating these ingredients into the solution, you can create your transparent flying balls, that have greater durability, allowing them to bounce instead of popping instantly.
Glycerin, a clear and viscous liquid, is commonly used in these kinds of solutions. It can be found in most drugstores or craft supply stores. Corn syrup, which is a sweet and sticky substance, is a readily available alternative that can be found in grocery stores. When used in bubble solutions, glycerin or corn syrup should be mixed in small amounts, such as 1/4 cup (60 ml) per 6 cups (1420 ml) of water. You may experiment with different ratios to find the right balance, which produces resilient bubbles without making the solution too sticky.
Solution for Making Strong and Long-Lasting Bubbles
Now you have your recipe how to make bouncing bubbles, but you may be curious about the best solution for making regular flying balls stable. We are going to help you with the following recipe for creating bubbles, which are strong and long-lasting:
- 6 cups (1420 ml) distilled water
- 1 cup (235 ml) liquid dish soap (preferably a brand with high soap concentration)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) glycerin or corn syrup
How to make:
- Pour the distilled water: Take a middle-sized container for the purpose.
- Add slowly the liquid soap: Stir gently, to combine the ingredients.
- Pour in the glycerin or corn syrup: Continue stirring until the solution is well-mixed.
- Let the mixture sit: Allow it to rest for at least an hour before using it, for achieving best bubble formation.
How to Make Giant Bubbles at Home?
You’ve learned how to make bouncing bubbles and long-lasting ones, but probably feel there is still something you haven’t reached in this field. Of course, you would want to investigate giant transparent flying balls that will leave everyone in awe! Here is the way to create this kind of bubbles:
- Make your bubble wand: Take two sturdy straws or dowels and tie a string between them. The string should be long enough to form a large loop.
- Prepare the solution: Use the previous mentioned recipe for making long-lasting bubbles. Adding there a little more glycerin or corn syrup will allow them to grow larger.
- Dip the wand and wave: Put the wand into the solution and lift it slowly. Gently wave it through the air, allowing the breeze to catch the bubble and expand it into a giant, shimmering orb.
- Experiment with the solution: Try blowing giant bubbles on a humid day or when there’s a gentle breeze, which contributes to better bubble formation and their longevity.
Have fun experimenting and discovering the wonders of these fascinating floating spheres.