Easter is over and you have all these treats from the egg hunt and the Easter baskets! Are you looking for ideas how to use leftover Easter eggs? We guarantee that you and your family will love these no bake chocolate dessert recipes! Let’s dive into the world of decadent tastes and transform all these chocolate eggs into fantastic desserts!
Table of Contents
How to Use Leftover Easter Eggs After the Holiday?
We have to admit that when it comes to holidays, we often get carried away and enjoy shopping a bit too much. There is nothing wrong with that, after all – that’s what holidays are for – pleasure and fun! However, with the galloping prices all over the world, it will be a waste to just throw all these chocolate eggs. Don’t you think so? The good thing about chocolate is that it is a product that can be stored for a certain period of time. Do you know how to store chocolate properly? Of course, the first thing you need to do is check the expiration date. As per experts, chocolate eggs and bunnies remain edible even after that, but do not extend the time longer than a month or two. Yes, you can eat them later, but if you want to know how to use leftover Easter eggs, these recipes will give you many ideas! And do you know what’s the best? These no bake chocolate desserts are super easy to prepare! Have fun with us!
Quick Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 6 oz/170 grams leftover chocolate eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup/240ml Heavy whipping cream, chilled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat leftover chocolate Easter eggs and butter on low heat or in microwave (for 30 seconds) until smooth and shiny. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the chilled cream and vanilla until stiff peaks.
- Save ¼ cup of whipped cream in a small bowl for decorating and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Add ⅓ part of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in with a spatula. Repeat with another ⅓. Add the last portion of whipped cream and fold it in.
- Divide the mousse into glasses. Cover it and refrigerate for about 2.
- Decorate with the saved whipped cream.
Easter Egg Rocky Road Recipe
- 1lb 2oz/ 500g Milk chocolate
- 4oz/100g Mini marshmallows
- 4oz/100g Mini chocolate eggs
- 4oz/100g Digestive biscuits
- 4 Creme eggs (broken)
- 1¾ oz50g Fudge pieces
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper and set aside
- Break the milk chocolate into chunks. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until all chocolate is melted.
- In a bowl mix the marshmallows, biscuits, fudge chunks and creme eggs.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the other ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Pour the mix into the tin.
- While the chocolate is still soft, decorate with the mii eggs, pressing them slightly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, cut into slices or bite-size pieces and serve.
How to Use Leftover Easter Eggs: No Bake Chocolate Salami Recipe
- 3⅓ cups coarsely crushed butter cookies
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sieved
- 1 ¼ sticks/ 150) butter, melted
- 4 oz/100 g dark chocolate, melted (leftover Easter choicolate eggs)
- ⅓ cup milk
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat and add the milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir.
- Cut two strips of doubled plastic wrap.
- Divide the mixture between the two sheets of plastic wrap and roll up tightly into a log. Twist the end of the plastic wrap to seal it.
- Refrigerate for a 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, dust the salami with icing sugar.
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake in a Glass Recipe
- 12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounce/250g cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup melted chocolate Easter eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- whipped cream, for topping
- chocolate shavings, for decoration
- Stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Divide the crumbs into the glasses and press slightly.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and chocolate.
- Whip the heavy cream and carefully fold it in the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Divide into the glasses, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
How to Use Leftover Easter Eggs – Make Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups of chocolate chips/chopped chocolate
- Line a mini cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Beat together the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or in the microwave on low setting.
- Take a small cookie scoop and spoon ½ tablespoon melted chocolate in each liner. Swirl to cover the bottom.
- Place the tin in the freezer for 5-10 minutes so that the chocolate can harden.
- After the chocolate is hard, take ½ tablespoon peanut butter, shape it into a disk and place it in the center of the chocolate bottom leaving a little room to the edges.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of the remaining melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer.
- Return the tin to the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Store the peanut butter cups in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.