Natural makeup for women over 40: makeup instructions and valuable tips for the perfect everyday look
It doesn’t matter whether we like it or not, after a certain age, each additional year of life is imprinted on our face. Forehead wrinkles, dark circles under the eyes and fine lines are a normal part of aging and shouldn’t stop us from being happy and confident. Still, natural makeup can help us conceal these little blemishes in our everyday lives and look fresh and young. Since the line between good enough and too much makeup is very thin, today we are giving a few valuable tips for natural makeup for women over 40. In this article, we reveal which products are the right ones and how to create the perfect everyday look!
Table of Contents
Why should women over 40 prefer natural makeup?
Aging is an inevitable part of life, but you can maintain a youthful appearance even in your early 40s by using makeup specifically designed to address your age-related concerns. As we age, our skin can lose elasticity and collagen, leading to dramatic changes in our complexion. To counteract these effects, good skin care, regular exercise and a healthy diet are essential. But don’t forget to look for makeup products that can help you achieve your desired look! Whether you need a primer, foundation, blush, eyebrow kit or anything else, with the right tips and methods, you can achieve the perfect, natural makeup for women over 40.
Too much makeup does not look beautiful at any age, especially in everyday life. And when the first wrinkles appear, most women try to hide them, which often leads to a mask-like and unnatural-looking overall look. But the trick for mastering natural makeup for women over 40 is to avoid cakey makeup and still look beautiful and young. Instead of applying one product at a time, use only the essentials. Choose light formulas and colors that add warmth and color to your skin tone. Not only will you look better, you’ll feel better. A few tips follow.
Makeup products that women over 40 need in their makeup bag
It doesn’t have to be completely without makeup. Natural beauty can be emphasized and brought out with the right products. Here are the essentials women over 40 shouldn’t be without.
- Moisturizing Primer: Primer is essential to maintain a healthy looking skin. It smoothes wrinkles and fine lines, minimizes the appearance of pores and evens skin tone. Thanks to additional moisturizing ingredients, the skin looks more radiant and youthful.
- Foundation: The good foundation for women over 40 does not settle in wrinkles and fine lines. For mature skin, you should use either liquid or powder foundation depending on your skin type. For oily skin, a powder foundation is the best choice. Liquid foundation without oil can also be used. If you have dry skin, you should opt for a moisturizing powder, stick or liquid foundation. Women with combined skin types can benefit from a mix of both.
- Concealer: With the perfect concealer, you can effortlessly achieve a flawless skin. Whether you have dark circles, pimples or other imperfections, an oil-free formula that lasts all day is essential. Since skin tends to be drier around the eyes in your 40s, you should opt for a more liquid consistency rather than a heavier stick or waterproof formula that can set and dry your skin. Expert tip: To prevent wrinkles and crow’s feet from stealing the show, apply concealer only to the inner half of your eye area to conceal dark circles.
- Blush: It’s the easiest way to instantly get a radiant and healthy look. Opt for soft peach or pinks shades that flatter all skin tones, whether you wear the blush for day or night.
- Eyebrow Kit: Full, well-shaped eyebrows give the face a more youthful appearance and structure. To makeup the thinning eyebrows naturally, you need a good eyebrow pomade or pencil to fill in gaps and make your sparse eyebrows appear fuller.
- Eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara: In everyday life, intensive eye makeup is not necessary, but that doesn’t mean that you completely neglect your eyes. A good mascara is a must and you can create a natural makeup look with a subtle eyeliner and warm-toned eyeshadow.
- Lipstick: To round off an everyday look, the right lipstick is essential. Choose a shade that matches your skin tone. Colors that are one or two shades darker than your natural lip color are best for natural makeup.
Makeup guide for a flawless, natural look
It’s easy to look and feel good with a natural, everyday look. Follow this simple guide to accentuate your best features and achieve a flawless finish every day.
Prepare the skin
Start with a moisturizer that will hydrate and protect your skin. For everyday use, choose a product that is light and not greasy. Don’t forget your SPF for healthy skin.
Choose your foundation based on your undertone, skin type and desired coverage. Make sure to choose the foundation that is closest to your natural skin tone for a seamless finish. Use a brush or beauty blender to blend the foundation until you no longer see harsh lines or streaks. Use a soft brush or sponge to work the product well into your skin. Remember that less is more and you should not overdo the application.
Give your eyes more radiance and conceal dark circles with a luminous concealer. For optimal coverage, apply from the inner corner of the eye, where darkness is greatest, and blend with a sponge in the same way you apply the eye cream.
Natural makeup for women over 40 – eye makeup tips
Choose a neutral eyeshadow palette and apply the colors to your eyes with a flat eyeshadow brush. Pull the color towards the outer corner of the eye to lift it and use a transitional color to better define the crease. For an even more natural look, you can omit the eyeshadow and just apply mascara.
Add some color
For a softening effect, apply a peach or pink cream blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend well.
Apply lipstick and lip gloss
Apply your lipstick. Complete your look with a delicate, transparent lip gloss. This will add the perfect amount of shine and color to your look.
With this guide, you can easily complete your natural makeup for women over 40 and achieve an everyday look that’s both beautiful and effortless.