Quick and easy Easter appetizer recipes and ideas for your festive brunch
Easter is just around the corner and you may be thinking of hosting a festive brunch for your family and friends. Planning an event is an important task as it involves not only decoration, but a balanced menu. We have selected some quick and easy Easter appetizer recipes which will help you and will not take much time. In addition, we shall give you some ideas for the decor, table setting, drinks so that your guests will be more than pleased!
What do you need to know when you host an Easter brunch? Colors are important and this is not a surprise. Choose bright and light spring colors. Pastel shades are always a good choice. Lavender, pink, mint green, pale blue, white, orange, etc. It will be brilliant if you can connect Easter decoration colors with the colors of the food. For example, asparagus casserole will look stunningly beautiful on bright orange or fresh green tablecloth as a background.
Table of Contents
- Easter appetizer recipes and ideas – Shrimp deviled eggs
- Easter appetizer recipes and ideas – Baked Spinach Nests
- Easter menu ideas – Mini quiches with peas and ham
- Easter brunch ideas – quail egg and prosciutto on avocado toast
- Easter appetizer recipes – Tortellini salad skewers with mustard-dill vinaigrette
- Easter appetizer recipes – Turmeric-pickled deviled eggs
- Easter appetizer recipes – Hard boiled egg chicks
- Tomato tulips – Easter menu ideas for brunch or dinner
- Easter appetizer recipes – Carrot crescents
- Easter egg cheese ball
- Easter appetizer recipes – Baby chick cheese balls
Easter appetizer recipes and ideas – Shrimp deviled eggs
- 12 Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 24 Shrimp tail on, steamed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Horseradish
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Cut eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- Put the yolks in a separate bowl. Add ketchup, horseradish, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the yolks and combine until smooth. You can use an electric blender.
- Place yolk mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the egg halves.
- Top with a shrimp.
- Garnish with paprika.
Easter appetizer recipes and ideas – Baked Spinach Nests
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Onion
- 2 ⅕ pounds Spinach
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop garlic and onion very finely.
- Trim spinach, rinse and drain in a sieve.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot and saute onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add spinach to pot and cook until wilted, stirring. Add nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide spinach into 4 portions and squeeze excess moisture
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place spinach balls on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly to form a well in the center.
- Slide an egg into each spinach well.
- Bake spinach nests in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
For the pastry:
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 50 g ham, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g peas
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 200 g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 200 ml cream, 48% fat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the flour in a mixing bowl, add the salt and stir to mix.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and knead to a dough. Form the dough into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Grease 4 mini quiche tins.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and line the tins.
- Prick the base for mini quiches with a fork and bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Mix together the cooked ham, onion, peas, chives and garlic.
- Whisk the eggs and stir in the cheese and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pea and ham mixture into the pastry cases, pour the cheese and cream mixture over and bake for about 35 minutes until the filling is set.
- Serve the mini quiches with a green salad.
Easter brunch ideas – quail egg and prosciutto on avocado toast
For Avocado spread:
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- lime juice, to preserve color
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 12 quail eggs
- 2 tablespoons capers
- chives for garnish
- 12 slices toasted fresh baguette
- Mash avocados into a puree and combine with mayonnaise, garlic and dill. Add a few drops of lemon juice to preserve color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the baguette slices, then top with avocado spread and sprinkle with capers.
- Fold a prosciutto slice on top.
- Heat a large pan over low heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil and fry the eggs over low heat without turning, covering the pan so the yolk will set.
- Remove the eggs from pan gently with a rubber spatula and place on top of each appetizer.
- Garnish and serve.
Easter appetizer recipes – Tortellini salad skewers with mustard-dill vinaigrette
- 9 oz (250 g) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 oz (220 g) frozen sugar snap peas
- wooden skewers
- 14 oz (400 g)grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together vinegar, fresh dill, Dijon mustard, garlic, and sugar. Add olive oil, whisking constantly until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
- Boil sugar snap peas and rinse under cold water.
- Thread each skewer with 1 sugar snap pea, 1 tortellini, and 1 tomato half.
- Place skewers in a baking dish. Pour the vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Transfer skewers to a serving platter.
Easter appetizer recipes – Turmeric-pickled deviled eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh turmeric or 1 Tbsp. dried ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Additional chopped chives for garnish
- Combine 2 cups water, vinegar, turmeric, and 2 teaspoons salt in a bowl or large jar.
- Add the eggs and chill 4 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain eggs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a small skillet. Add curry powder and cumin and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Let cool.
- Cut eggs in half crosswise and carefully remove yolks.
- Place yolks in a food processor. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, curry mixture, and remaining salt to processor.
- Pulse until smooth, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons water if mixture becomes too thick.
- Add chives and pulse to combine.
- Divide filling evenly among egg whites and top with chives.
Easter appetizer recipes – Hard boiled egg chicks
- Hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 Carrot, sliced thinly
- Boil the eggs and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Peel the eggs and make a slit in the top and a smaller one in the front for the beak.
- Cut the bottom of the egg to give it a flat bottom.
- Using a very thin disk of carrot, cut the chick’s crown, shaping it with spikes on one side, and stick it into the head-slit.
- Cut two thin small triangles for the beak.
- Make the eyes with cloves.
- pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon Dry Basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Slice each tomato half way down making x-shape cuts. Make sure tomato stem is side down.
- Finely grate or chop the cucumber. Remove extra juice and place it in a bowl. Add cream cheese, basil and salt to taste. Mix to combine well.
- Using fork or a tea spoon, add the cream cheese mixture inside the tomato. Use a damp paper towel to wipe extra filling from outside of tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes on a plate and garnish with chives, basil or parsley.
Easter appetizer recipes – Carrot crescents
- 1 Package Crescent Rolls
- ¼ Water
- Orange Food coloring
- Green onions
- Cream horn molds
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out crescent rolls and pinch seams together.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice dough long ways into ½ inch (1 cm) strips.
- Roll each strip into a rope.
- Starting at the bottom of the mold, wrap crescent dough around the mold.
- Combine water and a few drops of orange food dye together and using a clean paintbrush, paint each crescent roll orange.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool before removing molds.
- Slice green onions into long strips.
- Fill cones with chicken salad or desired filling and finish by sticking green onion strips into the top.
Easter egg cheese ball
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and whip until smooth. Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and mix and stir to combine.
- Scrape the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form the mixture into the shape of an egg.
- Carefully press on the walnuts, cranberries and parsley in rows, leaving blank spaces in between.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers.
Easter appetizer recipes – Baby chick cheese balls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Almond slivers, for wings
- 5-6 olives, cut into small pieces, for the eyes
- Shredded carrot or flat carrot pieces, for the feet and nose
- Mix cream cheese, cheese, and bacon together.
- Scoop and roll mixture into small round balls.
- Roll around until coated in finely shredded cheese.
- Cut small triangles of carrot for the nose and small pieces of carrot shreds for the feet.
- Put one sliver on each side of the cheese balls, pressing it in, for the wings.
- Place very small pieces of olives for eyes.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place each chick on a cracker just before serving.