Almost all of us have struggled with acne… Unfortunately many women are suffering from hormonal change, which causes the acne to appear. I have experienced days when I didn’t even want to go out and just want to stay in my bed. I was counting the days until it disappears. However, let me tell you it is not easy… Is it even possible to make it disappear forever? How to remove acne scars? Is it possible to remove them in a week naturally? I will answer all of your questions today!
Table of Contents
How to Remove Acne Scars Naturally in a Week?
Acne scars can be really hard to remove. Especially if you want to use a natural way, it can take a while. First, you have to consult your dermatologist and learn more about the type of scars that you have. There are three types:
- hypertrophic scars
- atrophic scars
- keloid scars
Before you start treating your acne scars with some natural ingredients, you have to be well aware of the type. You don’t want to irritate your skin more and you have to know what works best for it. Can acne scars disappear in a week naturally? According to experts, it is a myth that these scars can be removed in a week naturally. If you want fast results, then you have to try other methods like laser resurfacing or dermabrasion. Now, let’s not lose hope. There are several home remedies to try out at home that can be really helpful. One of the most effective mixtures to try out is:
- turmeric powder – It has antibacterial properties that really help to remove acne scars.
- fresh lemon juice
- Start by squeezing the lemon juice into a bowl. You will need one lemon.
- Add about 30 ml of water.
- Now add one tablespoon of turmeric powder into the mixture.
- You will need to add one tablespoon of honey as well.
- Mix everything together really well.
- Apply the mixture where the scars are. Let it dry completely and then rinse your face really well.
Home Remedies to Remove Acne Scars
Is there a natural way to remove acne scars? Yes! There are certain home remedies that you can try out, which are proven to help get rid of them. I am going to repeat myself again, you have to absolutely consult your dermatologist before testing them out at home! What are the best home remedies? Check them out here:
- Turmeric Powder: It has been used in the past for its anti-inflammatory purposes, and people keep using it until this day. Some of us even included in our daily routine by adding this spice to our smoothies, for example. It is proven that improves skin health.
- Tea Tree Oil: Same as the Turmeric powder, this oil has anti-inflammatory purposes. It soothes the skin and it is really effective against acne. It is very commonly used against acne, and you may have seen it in products that you have used before.
- Lemon Juice: Lemons can really exfoliate the skin naturally, because of the acids that they contain. However, lemon juice can be a little bit too strong to be included into your skin routine. Consult your dermatologist and if they allow you, you can use it against acne scars. Or you can combine it with water and turmeric powder, so it will be diluted.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Same as the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar can be a bit harsh to apply on your skin, even though it is proven that it helps against acne scars. Our advice is to make sure it is diluted before you use it. Be careful and NEVER apply it directly onto the skin!
- Coconut Oil: People often believe that acne appears on oily skin and they stop using moisturizer. However, even with acne you have to make sure that your skin is well moisturized. Coconut oil is a great helper when it comes to acne scars. Our advice is too used the cold pressed version and to apply it once or twice a week.
- Honey: Last but not least, the honey is known for its antibacterial purposes. Acne can sometimes leave you with dark spots and pigmentation. This is where the honey comes in! It will help you remove these marks. You can combine it with Turmeric powder, lemon juice and water.
Read also: If you noticed some darker areas on your skin, check out how to remove pigmentation with home remedies!
Do Acne Scars Go Away?
We often believe that acne scars will fade away eventually, however it could take years if they are not treated. If you don’t want to do a laser procedure, you can always consult your dermatologist and start with the natural home remedies that will make the process quicker. Are they going to disappear in a week? Some people have actually experienced this, but it is strongly individual and it really depends on the type of scars. Our recommendation is to be consistent and to believe that you can soon say hello to your beautiful skin! With that being said, check out these 5 miracle essential oils for skin and hair that you will want to try out!