St. Patrick’s Day dinner recipe ideas to pleasantly surprise everyone at the festive table!
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, it’s time to start preparing for this traditional holiday. As you know, it is celebrated on March 17 in honor of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. And while some are busy searching for the perfect green wig or leprechaun costume, others will have to tackle the challenge of preparing delicious Irish dishes to celebrate as expected, surrounded by their families. In today’s article, we will help the latter, because we know how hard it is when everyone is expecting a rich festive table with lots of delicious meals. That’s why we’ll share with you some easy St. Patrick’s Day dinner recipe ideas. Keep reading!
Table of Contents
Best St. Patrick’s Day dinner recipe ideas
This feast of the Irish patron saint St. Patrick is popular not only in his homeland, but around the world. And, of course, on this day you can not do without the cuisine of the Emerald Isle. Although Irish cuisine is very tasty, it is not particularly popular in the world. But when it becomes 17 March, everyone is eager to prepare amazing Irish dishes to impress everyone at the table. Just for you, we have prepared some typically traditional recipes for you to try this year! Let’s see them!
Apple and Bacon Salad
We will start with a wonderful Irish salad with bacon, apples and a special dressing that will appeal to everyone who tries it. And what is more, it’s really easy to prepare! So why not give it a try?
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 2 apples
- 50 g bacon
- lemon juice
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp table wine
- 1/4 cup (50 g) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the apples into slices and the bacon into strips. Place them in a pan with olive oil over high heat and cook until golden brown. Then take them out and let them cool.
- Make the dressing for the salad by mixing all the ingredients listed above.
- Tear the lettuce leaves with your hands. Arrange the bacon and apples on top, drizzle with the dressing and lemon juice.
- Your salad is ready!
Irish beef and beer stew
Beef stewed in beer is a typical Irish dish with a unique taste. It is known that the meat stewed in beer is tender and soft, and the overall taste of the dish is unique. The stew is even tastier on the second day after cooking. Are you going to try it? Here’s how to prepare it!
- 2 pounds (900 g) beef
- 4 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cups (50 g) mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 oz (450ml) Guinness beer
- 2 cups (450 ml) meat broth
- 1 pound (450 g) potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- Cut the beef into small pieces. Roll it in flour. Take a large saucepan and fry the meat in vegetable oil until crispy, then transfer it to a plate.
- Chop the onions, carrots and mushrooms finely, and press the garlic. Put the vegetables in the saucepan in which the meat was roasted.
- Stew the vegetables for 5–10 minutes, then add the beef, broth, beer, diced potatoes, ground black pepper and dried thyme leaves. Simmer for 1½ hours until the meat is tender, then season with salt.
St. Patrick’s Day dinner drink idea: Green beer
For a truly festive atmosphere on St. Patrick’s Day dinner table you can prepare green beer. Want to know how? It’s actually more than easy and you only need a few ingredients. It only takes a little time, but the festive mood lasts long!
What you need:
- beer glasses
- light beer
- liquid green food coloring
- lime cut into slices
How to prepare:
- In an empty beer glass, add 2–3 drops of liquid green food coloring.
- Pour light beer (it is better to choose light beer as the green color will be brighter)!
- Add a slice of lime to the glass.
For a sweet end to the evening, we offer you a recipe for an easy chocolate mousse that will have your guests asking for extra! Be prepared!
- 4.5 oz (125 g) chocolate
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- Break the chocolate into pieces. Prepare the food processor or blender and place them inside.
- Prepare the food processor or blender and place the chocolate inside.
- Heat the cream (be careful not to boil), then pour it over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Pour the mixture into small glasses and chill overnight. If desired, you can garnish with nuts on top.