Thanksgiving cocktails 2022: 3 of the most popular Thanksgiving drinks to try with your loved ones!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there that will celebrate this evening! One of our favorite holidays for the season is finally here! It is certain that you are already cooking some of the delicious meals to put on the table tonight. If you are like me and do not like to stress, some of you already prepared a few of the dishes. However, today I am going to help you with the drinks that you are going to serve. It is not a secret that a good drink can fix anyone’s mood. Our Deavita team gathered 5 of the best Thanksgiving cocktails, that will guarantee an amazing dinner. Let’s find out what are the ideal drinks!
Table of Contents
Thanksgiving cocktails 2022: Most popular drinks for Thanksgiving!
This is the ideal moment of the year to try out mixing all your favorite ingredients into your cocktails. There are so many great recipes for Thanksgiving cocktails 2022, however today we are going to check out the most popular ones. I personally like my drinks sweet and spicy, so this is the perfect time for me to experiment with all the seasonal fruits and spices. These recipes are easy to make and you can start preparing them before your guests arrive. Also, they will go perfectly with your Thanksgiving make-ahead appetizers.
Fall Sangria recipe: The ideal Thanksgiving cocktail
If you are looking forward to making something delicious, easy and refreshing, then this fall Sangria is the perfect drink for you. The ingredients are simple, and you will also use our favorite seasonal fruits, which will make it ideal for your Thanksgiving dinner. It will go perfectly with all of your traditional dishes. Let’s check out the list with what you will need!
Ingredients for 6 cocktails:
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 1 orange
- 1 pomegranate
- a bottle of white wine (Suvignon Blanc is preferred, but you can use your favorite one as well)
- 1 bottle hard apple cider
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) liquor (you can use any liquor that you have)
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Start cutting the fruits first. You can either cut them into small cubes, or cut them into thin slices. For the pomegranate, cut it and separate the skin. You are only going to use the seeds.
- Put the fruits into a large pitcher and add the white wine.
- Now you should add the apple cider, tonic, and the liquor.
- Stir well to mix everything together and cover the pitcher with a plastic wrap.
- Leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- When serving, put some ice in the glasses then use a large spoon to scoop some fruits from the pitcher, and pour the Sangria. Garnish with the cinnamon sticks. Your guest can use them to mix their Sangria cocktails well.
Thanksgiving cocktails 2022: Cranberry orange whiskey sour
If you want to know the best way to drink your whiskey, this is it! This cranberry orange whiskey sour goes so smoothly, and it has all the Thanksgiving flavors that you need. I should also add that this cocktail is perfect for the cold winter days. It will warm you with all the perfect spices. Check out the ingredients!
- 1 ounce (30 ml) cranberry juice
- 3 ounces (80 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces (60 ml) whiskey
- 3/4 ounces (20 ml) simple syrup
- slices of orange
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce (30 ml) ginger beer
- Add all the ingredients into your shaker except the beer and the slices of orange. If you do not have a simple syrup, you can make cranberry syrup using your sauce. All you need to do is heat the cranberry sauce on medium heat and then drain the cranberries leaving only their syrup. Leave it to cool off and then add it to your cocktail instead of the simple syrup.
- Shake well until completely mixed.
- Add ice to your glasses and pour the mixed cocktail.
- Now pour the ginger beer and add the orange slice. You can also garnish with fresh cranberries if you have some left.
Spicy pomegranate ginger Paloma
The Spicy Pomegranate Ginger Paloma combines the perfect seasonal ingredients that you can enjoy for both Thanksgiving and Christmas! It is spicy, sweet, delicious and just so special. It will put you in the holiday spirit with just the first sip. Look at that bright red color, it is just so stunning and inviting. The best part is that you are going to make a honey-ginger syrup, that you can use in other recipes as well. If you want to experience the warmth of this cocktail, let’s check out the needed ingredients!
Ingredients for the syrup:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 5 leaves fresh mint
Ingredients for the cocktail:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pomegranate juice
- 1/6 cup (40 ml) freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- a squeeze of half a lime or lemon
- 2 tablespoons of the homemade syrup
- 2 ounces (60 ml) tequila
- ginger beer to top it off
- slices of grapefruit and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- To make the syrup, cut the ginger into slices. Boil the water with all the ingredients except the mint leaves. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat. Add the mint leaves and cover with something for 10 minutes. Strain the leaves and the ginger and pour the syrup into a glass jar. You can keep it in the fridge for about 10 days.
- Fill the glass with ice, and add all the ingredients for the cocktail. Mix really well until everything is perfectly combined. Add the slices of grapefruit and pomegranate seeds to garnish. You can also add cinnamon sticks if you want.