Thanksgiving is almost here and for sure most of us already started preparing for the yearly family dinner. This is one of my favorite holidays, since it is all about the family getting together and sharing what we are grateful for. If you are hosting this year’s Thanksgiving, I suggest you do a list with all the delicious recipes to prepare for your guests. Sometimes, we struggle to think what appetizers to make, since you want to save time by making them ahead. But what can you make prior to your family arriving, and still taste good? Let’s check out these easy Thanksgiving appetizers to make-ahead!
Table of Contents
Easy Thanksgiving appetizers to make ahead
We all know when it comes to Thanksgiving food, we can’t wait for the traditional choices. I personally am always eager for the roasted stuffed turkey. Appetizers, however, are also very important, because it is the first thing your guests are going to taste. They will be the start of your delicious dinner and should bring up the mood with their amazing taste. What are the options when it comes to Thanksgiving? There are so so many! You can get in the spirit of the holiday and make this delicious turkey with vegetables and cream cheese with herbs. It will be an incredible centerpiece. But how can you top it up a notch? Let’s check out the first mouth-watering appetizer recipe!
Thanksgiving mini quiches recipe
They are a bite-size, they allow you to experiment and are easy to make, what’s not to love about mini quiches? Check out the ingredients for the perfect easy Thanksgiving appetizers to make ahead!
Ingredients for 24 mini quiches:
- pie dough (make sure you let it chill for 2 hours before you use it)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (1l) of milk (you can use nondairy as well)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 cup (200g) shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (345 °F) and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Grab your pie dough and slice it into mini circles. I use a glass to make the perfect round shape. Place your dough rounds into the muffin tin.
- Now it’s time to make the egg filling. You have to put one egg per each cup of milk. Whisk well until blended completely.
- Now you should pour the egg filling inside the dough rounds. Make sure it is evenly spread.
- Slice the ham, leek, and cheddar cheese and add them to the quiches.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the edges of the dough gets brown.
- Allow the quiches to cool off and then sprinkle them with chopped fresh parsley.
Crispy smashed potatoes
@eman_inthekitchen Crispy smashed potatoes #smashedpotatoes #crispy #healthadepopit #easyrecipe #tasty #delicious ♬ Vegas (From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack ELVIS) – Doja Cat
This is another easy to make TikTok famous recipe that we all love. Potatoes go well with everything, especially when they are crispy and have our ideal mix of spices. Grab them and let’s cook!
- 1 kg (2 lbs) baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- shredded Cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 big tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- First boil the potatoes until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (345 °F).
- Drain them for the water and start adding all the spices and the olive oil.
- Mix well. Make sure to spread the spices evenly.
- Place a baking sheet on your tray and put the potatoes on it. If you have some mixture left from the olive oil and spices, pour it evenly on your potatoes. Using a cup smash each of the potatoes.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- When they are ready, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese.
For the sauce:
Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, fresh parsley and the black pepper together. Squeeze a half of lemon. Mix well.
Thanksgiving make-ahead appetizer – deviled eggs
Speaking about easy thanksgiving appetizers to make ahead, I should mention that delicious simple deviled eggs recipe. There are so many variations of deviled eggs to try out, but that recipe is combined with the holiday spirit and will make your guests want more and more!
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot minced
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 6 slices of bacon (chopped)
- 1/3 cup (80g) of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by boiling the eggs.
- While they boil, melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat and add the shallot, parsley, and bacon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. The bacon pieces should be crispy.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place into a bowl with cold water and ice. Leave them there for about 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs gently and peel them off.
- Slice the eggs in half and then gently separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Smash the egg yolks with a fork and then add the mayonnaise and mustard. Add the shallot, bacon, and parsley mixture and mix together. Now add the salt and the black pepper. Mix again.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill in the egg whites with the mixture. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or sliced leek, if you want.
Other ideas for easy Thanksgiving appetizers to make ahead
I love making appetizers during this time of the year, because there are so many amazing seasonal fruits, vegetables, spices and other ingredients. You can make healthy and delicious dishes for your guests or your family to enjoy. Another great idea for an easy appetizer is the butter board. You can make them even when your guests already arrived, and they can enjoy it straight away. All you have to do is pick your ideal ingredients and get started. If you want to absolutely give in to this holiday spirit, try making cranberry mini meatballs, or a pumpkin dip.