What hair color goes with green eyes? The best ideas so that hair, eyes and skin tone complement each other perfectly
Green eyes are fascinating on their own. After all, they are the rarest eye color in the world! While you don’t need any help to make your unique eye color pop, there are countless ways to make it stand out even more. What hair color goes with green eyes? We’ve rounded up the best tips based on different skin tones.
Table of Contents
- How to choose the right hair color?
- What hair color goes with green eyes?
How to choose the right hair color?
To find out what hair color goes with green eyes, you should first look at your complexion. While some colors work across the board, others really flatter different shades.
Consider your eye color
When you determine if your eye color is all green, or if it has hazel or blue/grey tones, picking a good shade becomes a lot easier. It gives you the room to decide which colors to choose to either bring out the green in your eyes or tone it down to show off its cool or warm undertones.
With these simple tips you can determine your skin tone
Your skin tone doesn’t mean the color of your skin or how dark or light it is. Rather, it refers to the tone of your skin, which can be warm, cool or neutral. You can check this by looking at your wrists in the sun. If your veins appear blue or purple you have cool skin tone and if they are green you have warm skin tone. If you can’t tell the difference, your skin tone is probably neutral.
Determine your current hair color
If you have extremely dark hair, it can be very difficult to achieve a much lighter tone and you would damage your hair by doing so. Instead, choose colors that are close to your natural hair. Ideally, you should stick to colors that are either three shades darker or lighter.
What hair color goes with green eyes?
There are two important factors to consider when trying to find the best hair color to complement your green eyes – your eye undertones and your skin tone. If your eyes have hazel undertones that you want to highlight, choosing warm colors is the way to go. Choose cool colors to bring out the green or complement the cool blue/grey undertones.
With this in mind, you can use the following list of hair colors for skin tones as a guide to which shade suits you best.
The best hair color for green eyes and light skin
Light skin has an advantage over the darker shades as most light and dark hair colors tend to go well with her. If you keep in mind your eye undertone and skin tone, you can’t go wrong.
- If you are thinking about red, go for deep and bright reds or browns with red undertones. Maroon shades also look great on fair skin, especially if you have a warm skin tone. However, you need to be careful because they can accentuate the blemishes on your face.
- With brown hair, almost all shades look good on fair skin. From warm tones like golden browns and rich chocolate tones to cool, ashy blondes.
- If you’re tempted to go blonde, you can experiment with pale, white, and honey blonde.
- It is best to avoid black if you are extremely pale. But if you have some color in your cheeks, black hair can look really amazing against fair skin.
- What Hair Colors to Avoid: Golden hair is not the best option for fair skinned ladies. It undermines the green in your eyes and unbalances your facial features. Copper hair can bring out your pale skin and redness.
Complement green eyes and cool skin tones even better
Green eyes with a cool skin tone leave you with plenty of light hair color options, but there are a few darker shades that look great too. With the right shade, you can consider any hair color, be it blonde, red or brown:
- Pale, strawberry, ash, white and platinum are the shades of blonde that look amazing on cool skin.
- Reds with a purple undertone and purple burgundy are some good shades that bring out the green in your eyes.
- Ash brown and soft auburn also look good on cool skin.
- Blue or purple-based colors are also ideal.
- Avoid These Hair Colors: It is best to avoid black hair on cool skin as it creates a harsh contrast between your skin and hair color. You should also skip gold, along with caramel and honey. Anything with an orange base is a no-go when it comes to cool skin tones.
What hair color goes with green eyes and warm skin tone?
You’ll know you’re warm-toned when your skin has more yellow than pink undertones. Warm colors like red, orange and yellow complement your skin and make it look tanned and beautiful. Below are the dos and don’ts if you have a warm skin tone:
- Rich blondes like gold, honey, champagne and butter platinum look amazing on this skin tone.
- Toffee, rich chocolate brown and light caramel brown pair well with warm skin.
- Rich reds, mainly red-based burgundies, look great on warm skin tones.
- What Hair Colors to Avoid: Black is not a very flattering color on warm skin and it is best to avoid it. Ash blonde and brown are not ideal for warm skin tones as they make you look washed out. Blue or purple based colors should also be avoided.