Facial skin acts as a barrier that protects the body from the influence of external environmental factors. Over time you can notice how the tissue loses its elasticity, becomes dry and thin and is also poorly regenerated. The aging process accelerates after a 40-year milestone due to changes in hormonal levels. This is inevitable but the processes can be slowed down. At that time aging skin care becomes essential and women need to pay extra attention to their face and hands. Properly selected facial skin care will help and we shall give you some useful tips for ladies of elegant age. In addition to natural aggressively acting factors, facial skin ages over time, and two types of wrinkles appear:
- facial wrinkles are the result of emotions and muscle contraction. The more emotional a person is, the more wrinkles appear on the face;
- static wrinkles appear with the decrease of muscle strength.
If you see signs of small, barely noticeable lines on the skin near the eyes and around the mouth, it is most likely that the skin is prone to wrinkles in the future. Fans of cigarettes and drinks are more likely to notice wrinkles around the mouth and especially the upper lip.
Aging skin care tips for middle aged women
Daily face care for women after 40-45 is the exceptionally important for maintaining an attractive appearance, freshness and excellent skin condition. There are many ladies who think that this is impossible without super-expensive cosmetic products, or plastic surgery. These are costly and radical means but there are many ways to take care of your face using affordable home remedies.
The intensity of skin aging after 40-45 years directly depends on the slowdown of the regeneration and recovery of epidermal cells. Visible wrinkles and folds appear, facial muscles lose their elasticity. Therefore, it seems that the face “drops off”, the skin becomes flabby and lethargic. To slow down these processes and help the skin recover faster, it is necessary to carry out a number of procedures that will restore elasticity and freshness to the face. The procedures include:
- Cleansing in the morning – use a cleansing foam or gel for washing. To improve the tone of the skin use a special tonic and a cotton pad. Use serum, yogurt, sour cream, cream, artesian water for washing, etc. Use ice cubes of herbal teas – chamomile, calendula which are ideal for the tone of the skin. Prepare a homemade face cleanser – brew 1 tbsp. oak bark and linden flowers in 2 liters of boiling water for 60 minutes.
- Moisturizing – lotion or a light moisturizing cream with vitamins will help moisturize your skin;
- Nutrition – you can nourish your skin with a cream or face serum that is denser in consistency, using it in the evening. In a normal nourishing cream, add a capsule of vitamins A and E. Apply it before going to bed. Under the eyes apply a special solution of 10 ml of glycerin mixed with 10 ml of ricin oil and 3 ml of myrtle oil.
- Remove makeup as soon as you get home. At 25 years of age you can afford to lie down to rest without removing makeup but at 45 this is an unforgivable mistake.
- Peeling at home accelerates the regeneration and restoration of the epidermis. Perform this procedure once a week. Mix soap foam with oatmeal, coffee grounds or small seeds of berries. Wipe your face with a circular motion. Rinse with warm water and apply a nourishing cream.
- Massage the face. Make it a rule to do facial massage in the morning and evening. In the evening, it should be relaxing, and in the morning – invigorating. For morning massage use a cream with moisturizing SPF and at night – a nourishing cream.
Actually caring for your skin is not so difficult. Cleansing, nutrition and moisturizing are the most important steps of facial skin care. One only needs to follow simple, easy and pleasing daily rituals, because it is as important as brushing your teeth every day.
Aging skin care tips and beauty secrets
Aging skin care tips are not only special procedures and cosmetic products. It is all about healthy lifestyle and nutrition which will allow a woman to maintain her beauty for as long as possible. Here are some beauty secrets which ladies after 40 should follow in order to maintain a well-groomed look:
- Exercise regularly, walk a lot in the fresh air and relax in nature.
- Light physical activity for 10-15 minutes a day is beneficial at any age.
- Protect your skin from direct sunlight. Wear hats, sunglasses, hide under umbrellas.
- Include vegetables, fruits, dairy products and whole grain cereals in your daily menu.
- Drink more water. Reduce coffee and tea.
- Minimize alcohol consumption.
- Avoid sugar and high-carbohydrate confectionery.
- Quit smoking.
- Use cosmetic products suitable for your age.
- Nourish the skin of the face and neck with creams, lotions and all kinds of natural vitamins.
- Take baths with sea salt in the winter and a cold shower in the summer.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours.
We all know that it is impossible to stop aging of the facial skin completely, but it is quite possible to slow down the aging process. These simple tips and recommendations will help you maintain the natural beauty of the skin and postpone the maturity stage for several years. Choose proper cosmetic products for moisturizing and nourishing, apply masks and the skin will remain taut and fresh for a long time.