Decorating the house for the Christmas party brings wonderful moments of joy and warmth. If you want to focus your creativity on something productive and interesting, the holiday season is a good time to do so. Let our DIY Christmas napkin rings ideas inspire you for your festive table decoration.
Table of Contents
- Beautiful and festive DIY Christmas napkin rings ideas
- DY Cranberry and rosemary Christmas napkin rings is quick and easy
- Colorful DIY napkin rings with Christmas lights
- DIY Christmas napkin rings with red berries and cinnamon sticks
- How to make a napkin ring with holly?
- Tinsel Napkin Rings: Simple and cheap
- Beautiful DIY Christmas napkin rings with pine cones
- DIY Napkin rings with golden bells
Beautiful and festive DIY Christmas napkin rings ideas
The best thing about making your own napkin rings for Christmas table decorations is that you can customize them exactly how you want – to match your decor – and on a budget. There are so many and different DIY Christmas napkin rings ideas – you can use anything from ribbon to felt to old toilet paper rolls.
DY Cranberry and rosemary Christmas napkin rings is quick and easy
With little touches like these homemade Christmas napkin rings made of cranberries and rosemary, celebrating is a lot of fun.
What do you need for this:
- baker’s cord
- craft wire
- Simply cut a piece of craft wire about 30 cm/12 inches long.
- Thread about 12-14 cranberries onto the craft wire, depending on the thickness of the napkins.
- Once you have threaded the cranberries, twist the ends of the wire.
- Cut a few sprigs of rosemary, fold the wire around them and hold them up. Then tie a bow with baker’s twine and you’re done.
Colorful DIY napkin rings with Christmas lights
You can make original napkin rings out of old light bulbs! You’ll love the colorful, happy look of this easy craft!
Attach a string of red and white bakers twine to the base of a light bulb with hot glue Wrap the base with the twine and tie the light bulb rings around rolled napkins.
DIY Christmas napkin rings with red berries and cinnamon sticks
Cloth napkins are a part of a festive meal. Try to wrap them unusually in a roll that you tie with string or ribbon and add red berries and cinnamon sticks.
How to make a napkin ring with holly?
Layer linen and felt for a rustic style with a traditional holly motif and add the perfect handmade touch to your Christmas table.
- red felt
- jute ribbon
- Green sticky felt
- Red self-adhesive buttons
- white yarn
- embroidery needle
And this is how the napkin rings are made:
- Cut out a strip of red felt measuring 5cm x 18cm/2 inchx7 inch, and a piece of jute to 4cm x 17cm/1,5 inch x 6,5 inches and pin it to the center of the red felt.
- Using an embroidery needle and white thread, embroider a series of running stitches on the two long sides of the jute ribbon to attach it to the felt.
- Overlap the short ends by 2cm/0,7 inches to create a ring and make a series of running stitches to attach the napkin ring.
- Cut the green adhesive felt to create two holly leaves and attach them to the top of the design. Glue on a self-adhesive button to get the berry detail.
Tinsel Napkin Rings: Simple and cheap
If you want to add a little magic to your holiday table, tinsel garland napkin rings are just what you need. They’re quite inexpensive to make, and the sparkle will blow you away.
For this you need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Tinsel Garland
- Golden styrofoam filler balls
- hot glue gun
- Cut a 3cm/ 1.5″ ring from the roll (you can make it thinner if your tinsel isn’t that thick).
- Run a line of hot glue around your cardboard ring and cover it with tinsel garland. Add a styrofoam ball with another dot of hot glue.
- If you prefer a sleeker look, omit the golden ball. Either way, these napkin rings will look fantastic on your holiday table.
Beautiful DIY Christmas napkin rings with pine cones
What do you need for this craft:
- Wooden napkin rings
- Pine greenery with pine cones
- glue gun
- glue stick
- Wire cutter
- First, you can stain the wooden napkin rings if you like. This step is optional for a finished look.
- After staining, set the napkin rings aside for a few minutes to dry.
- While the stain dries, use wire cutters to cut off a few small pine twigs. Cut as many pieces as you need to glue onto the napkin rings.
- Once the glue gun is heated, start gluing on the green twigs. Put a small dab of glue on the napkin ring. Then carefully add the twigs. Hold the greenery in place until the glue dries.
- Repeat the process for each napkin ring. Try overlapping the greenery to hide any glue residue and if you like, add a pinecone for an extra wintry touch.
DIY Napkin rings with golden bells
These napkin rings are super easy to make and take no time at all. Plus, they’re perfect for those last minute arrivals.
- Gold bells
- wire or string
- Cut about 15-20 cm/ 6-8 inches of string.
- Tie a knot at one end and then add the bells.
- Tie a knot at the other end and tie the two ends together.
- Slide your napkin through the ring and you’re done.
These napkin rings spice up any cutlery, because you can also design them with different colored bells.