Looking for an easy chicken wings recipe? 3 delicious ways to prepare the best party snack!
Chicken wings are a crowd favourite when it comes to party snacks. They’re crispy, juicy, and full of flavour—not to mention they’re quite simple to make! If you’re looking for a delicious and easy chicken wings recipe that is simple enough for even the most novice cook, look no further. We have three for you to choose from! Here are some of our favourite super easy chicken wing recipes, so you can keep your guests happy at your next gathering.
Table of Contents
Easy Buffalo-style chicken wings
The classic Buffalo-style wings will never go out of style. Let’s whip up a batch of these traditional favourites!
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 °F/204 °C and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Place 1 pound/0.450 kg (approximately 12) chicken wings on the sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in а preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy, flipping once midway through cooking time if needed.
- Once cooked, brush with ½ cup/120 gr of melted butter mixed with 2 tablespoons of hot sauce.
- Serve alongside а ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks as desired.
Sweet and spicy chicken wings
For an Asian twist on the classic chicken wings, why not give a try at this sweet-and-spicy orange glazed version?
First preheat the oven to 375°F /190°C. In a medium bowl, whisk together the following ingredients until well-combined:
- ⅓ cup/ 78.3 gr of ketchup
- ¼ cup/42.5 gr of packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tsp. of Sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- ½ tsp. of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. of five spice powder
Once you have prepared the chicken wings marinade, set aside half of it in a separate bowl. Mix the remaining marinade in the same medium bowl with 3 pounds/ 1.36 kg (24 pieces) of split chicken wings. Toss them lightly until evenly coated. Transfer them onto a greased shallow baking pan lined with non-stick aluminium foil. Bake the wings for 30 minutes, flipping over every 10 minutes. After the time has passed, remove the wings from the oven. Brush the top side of each wing with the remaining marinade. Increase the heat setting to 425 °F/ 218 °C. Return the wings to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. If there is any marinade left, brush the wings again. Let them cool slightly and serve warm.
Easy beer battered recipe
What about trying a totally unique and easy chicken wings recipe? Your guests will surely enjoy these beer battered wings while watching the upcoming Super Bowl.
- Start by heating oil in a deep fryer.
- Prepare batter mix with 8 ounces/ 300 gr of cold lager beer along with 2 cups/250 gr of all-purpose flour. Stir gently until well-combined.
- Dip 4 pounds/1.81 kg (32 pieces) of chicken wings into batter, coating them completely.
- Fry the wings, four at a time, until a deep golden brown colour. This takes about 7–8 minutes per batch. Turn the wings occasionally during frying.
- Remove the wings and place onto a plate, lined with absorbent paper.
- Repeat the process until all 32 pieces are fried.
- Serve immediately, either plain or with a tartar dipping sauce.
Also look up: What snacks go well with a beer? Try these easy finger-licking recipes and ideas!
What is the best cooking method for wings?
The best cooking method for chicken wings depends on your goal. If you’re looking for a classic crunchy wing, deep-frying is the way to go. This is because it seals in the juices and creates a crispy outer shell. For an oven-baked version that’s just as delicious but sans all that extra fat from frying, season the wings generously with salt and pepper. And for a healthier version, you can grill your chicken wings, by cooking them over medium heat and lightly greasing the grates with oil or non-stick spray.
No matter which easy finger food recipe for chicken wings you choose, be sure that your guests or family will fall in love with each of them! They won’t take too much of your time and will be just what you need to get that party started. Cheers and enjoy!