Hoco hairstyles: Check out the prettiest Homecoming hairstyle and how to create it!
When I have a special event coming, I always think ahead what I am going to wear. I plan the perfect outfit, but then, forget about my hair. I end up rushing in the last moment and doing the most simple thing. Hair down or a bun, are my most worn hairdos, and let’s be honest, this can be a bit boring. Our Deavita editors recently discovered the Hoco hairstyles, and it was a game changer. What is a Hoco hairstyle and how to achieve it? Let’s find out now!
Table of Contents
Hoco hairstyles: Boho, trendy and magical!
What is a Hoco hairstyle? The term comes from Homecoming, and they are these beautiful braided fairy-like hairdos, that will make you feel like a Disney princess. You can wear it in so many different ways, and it will give your hair the needed texture and movement. As we all know, prom is a special moment for every girl out there. It is like starting a new chapter in your life, and of course you would want to make it as memorable as possible. Now, we see many women wearing this hairstyle on their weddings, which gives a lot of boho vibes and this is very trendy at the moment. Let’s see some of the easiest tutorials on how to do a Homecoming hairstyle!
Easy Hoco hairstyle tutorial
Here, in this video we are going to see how to create the perfect hoco hairstyle. In that case, the hairdo is made for a wedding day, however you can wear it for any special occasion that you have. First, you have to start by curling your hair. It is all about the curls! Remember, you want them as natural as possible. Use a curling iron that has a wider wand and is titanium, ceramic, or tourmaline since they are going to smooth out your hair and minimize the frizz. Also, you can choose some pretty hair accessories to finish off the hairstyle and make it more magical. Enjoy the video for the full tutorial!
Hoco hairstyle bun: How to do it step-by-step
Hoco hairstyle bun? We are here for it. Check out how to create it step by step!
- First, curl your hair, using a curling iron. If you do not have any, you can use your flat iron and make more natural-looking curls. Separate your hair into 4 sections. Twist and tie the two middle sections with small hair ties. Grab the left and right section and put them together using a bobby pin as shown on the first picture.
- Now you have to separate the hair into 3 sections by twisting it and creating something like a braid. You can check the second picture. Tie the 3 sections again with small hair ties.
- Grab the first section and start rolling it as you are creating a tiny bun and go upwards. You can check picture number 3. Use bobby pins to attach the small bun to the rest of the hair. Make sure you use multiple as you want the hairstyle to last for a longer time.
- Do the same with the middle section and create a small bun. Attach it again using bobby pins.
- Grab your last “braid” and start twisting it up, so you make your last small bun.
- Style your hair with hair accessories, flowers, or you can just leave it like that if you want to go more simple.
Homecoming hairstyle in less than 5 minutes
@beautybyemilyelizabeth Happy Football Season!!! #homecoming #footballtiktok #homecominghair #hairtutorial #foryoupage #ChimeHasYourBack ♬ Back Home – Andy Grammer
Hoco hairstyles began to get a lot of popularity on TikTok recently. This hairdo really allows you to get creative even if you are in a hurry. If you already curled your hair, and you do not know what to do next, do these beautiful, simple braids, and you will love it! You can always check Pinterest for more inspiration. We all love these easy hairstyles that make us look stunning! You can add accessories to your hair to make it stand out more, or some cute earrings.
What hair products to use to make your hoco hairstyle last longer?
If you decided to do your hair on your own for your special occasion, there is one question that will pop in your head. How to make it last longer? I always wonder if it will be humid on the special day, because my hair tends to go a little crazy when exposed to moisture. That is why, first my advice would be to know what hair type you have, so you can pick the right products. If your hair is frizzy and has a lot of volume, I would say use anti-frizz hairspray. If your hair is flat, I would suggest finding a product that will give you a lot of volume. For the Hoco hairstyles it is really important to keep your curls. Never curl your hair on the day that you are washing it. Curl it on the second or third day. Use a mousse or hair lotion, so it can hold your curls. Also, while they are hot once you curl them, put them up with pins, and after they cool down, remove the pins. Finish off with texturizing spray.