How to Clean Makeup Brushes: Prevent Building-Up of Bacteria! Remove Beauty Products Residues..
Makeup brushes are essential tools for achieving faultless and fascinating appearance. Though, when not carefully cleaned, they can hold beauty product residues and oils, which makes them breeding grounds for harmful bacteria. Let’s answer the question: how to clean makeup brushes? What are the natural and classic ways to maintain their purity?
Table of Contents
What Happens If You Don’t Wash Makeup Brushes?
Before delving into the cleaning procedure, it’s important to know why maintaining the purity of your makeup brushes is a non-disputable aspect of your beauty routine:
Little by little, makeup brushes build up makeup residues, oil, and dead skin cells. These buildups create a nutritional ground for bacteria to thrive. When you use them dirty on your face, you risk contaminating with these bacteria, which can lead to skin problems like acne breakouts, infections, and irritation.
Dirty brushes can lower the quality of your makeup application. When they are covered with old beauty products, they become less efficient at picking up and spreading the new makeup. This easily leads to an uneven beauty product coverage and non-qualitative or even poor results.
Shortened Brush Lifespan
Ignoring to clean them can subsequently shorten their lifespan. The accumulated grime is able to thin bristles, causing them to wear away and break. Replacing brushes frequently can be expensive, and is not an eco-friendly solution, so proper cleaning is the superb choice!
How to Clean Makeup Brushes Naturally?
Cleaning your product beauty tools doesn’t require using harmful chemicals or expensive solutions. You can efficiently remove the residues and grease from them with the help of natural ingredients from your kitchen. Here’s a step-by-step guide how to perform this task:
- Collect the supplies: Take a mild, natural soap like baby shampoo or Castile soap, a shallow bowl or container, a soft or paper towel and lukewarm water.
- Dampen the brushes: Begin the process by running lukewarm water over the bristles of your brushes. Avoid contact between water and the handle, as well as with the metal connection between bristles and handle, to prevent impairment and loosening of the bristles.
- Prepare a soapy solution: Pour 2–3 drops of natural soap into the shallow bowl and add lukewarm water. Lightly stir the water and soap together to make a soapy solution.
- Wash the brushes: Submerge the bristles of your beauty product tool into the prepared solution. Swirl the bristles around, to work the solution into them. With the help of your fingers, massage the bristles.
- Rinse the bristles: Rinse the beauty tool under running lukewarm water, going on to swirl and massage the bristles till you see that the water runs clear. This step is crucial in removing any soap and makeup residues from the bristles.
- Pat to absorb water: Gently pat the bristles with a mild towel or paper one to absorb excess water. Be cautious not to rub with the bristles, to avoid destroying them.
- Reshape the brushes: Reshape the bristles with fingers to return their original form. This step is substantial in keeping the bristles’ shape and functionality.
- Lay flat to dry: Lay the washed brushes flat on a soft towel to air dry. Be sure they are entirely dried out before their next use. As, if this is not done, when hanging them, water can seep into the ferrule, loosening and destroying the bristles.
What Is the Fastest Way to Clean Makeup Brushes?
If you’re short on time and are searching for a fast brush cleaning approach, there is one tested quick way to clean makeup brushes, which can prepare your tools ready for use in minutes. There are commercial quick-dry brush cleaning sprays available on the market, which can perform the job in a flash. They are specifically formulated to remove the grease and other beauty products residues, and disinfect the bristles even without the need for any water. The instruction to use them is simple, and begins with spraying the cleaning solution onto a tissue or paper towel. Then just swirl the brush on the tissue or towel, slightly, though thoroughly. Continue with this action until the brush no longer leave any marks with makeup residue onto the tissue. Finally, it’s enough to let the brush air dry for 1–2 minutes, and it’s ready for use. While this method is suitable for on-the-go cleaning, it should not replace common deep removing the grease with soap and water. But you may apply it as a temporary fix between main cleanings.
Knowing hot to clean makeup brushes, and performing it regularly is a vital part of maintaining the skin healthy, achieving flawless makeup application, and prolonging the life of your beauty product tools.