How to Wear Dress Pants After 50? – 15 Chic Fashion Trends to Copy for Fall/Winter 2023!
What pants should a woman wear in her 50s? Aren’t you tired of rocking the same form-fitting skinny jeans? How about adopting a new modern silhouette that will transform completely your fall wardrobe? Are you ready to learn how to wear dress pants after 50? Discover 15 chic must-have trendy pairs that every woman should own for fall/winter 2023!
Table of Contents
- Women’s Dress Pants – This Season’s Must-Have!
- How to Choose Tailored Pants for Women Aged 50 and Over?
- How to Wear Dress Pants After 50 and Achieve a Modern and Rejuvenating Style for Fall?
- Other Fashionable Outfit Ideas to Try
Women’s Dress Pants – This Season’s Must-Have!
The dress pants, usually considered rather masculine, are the newest fall/winter 2023 fashion trend for those who want to look chic for this cozy season! For some time now, we’ve seen that they are not strictly reserved for business attire, and are gradually becoming a fashion staple. More and more women are gravitating towards them to create exciting looks that are both casual and elegant.
Furthermore, we’ve evolved way past the black, gray, brown, and stripe classic dress pants! Nowadays, they can be found in many bright and joyful colors, various patterns, and textiles! Over time, their silhouette has also been adapted to the female figure in a way that flatters the feminine curves. The high-waisted wide-leg fit hugs the hips and elongates the legs beautifully, making this a well-suited garment for all body types!
If you want to bring a touch of refinement and effortless elegance into your wardrobe this season but aren’t sure how to wear dress pants, our styling guide will help you learn how to build a fabulous modern look with minimal effort!
How to Choose Tailored Pants for Women Aged 50 and Over?
The dress pants aren’t very different from all the other ones you wear: they can be found in a variety of colors, materials, and different cuts. Here are some tips on how to choose the best ones for you:
- Consider your body type: Although this piece of clothing flatters most body types, if you’re slim and petite expert stylists suggest you opt for a silhouette that’s more oversized a la palazzo, which will optically elongate your figure. If you have a muffin top you want to hide, opt for a high-waisted pair that will immediately remove a few pounds from your hips and waist!
- Pick a color: Red is the trendiest color of the season and is a brilliant option for a woman in her 50s who wants to stand out and make an impression! However, colors such as pink, and blue, as well as neutral earthy shades would also work really well! If you want to try out a funky pattern, swap the classic stripes for playful polka dots!
- Pick a fabric: Contrary to what some may think, satin remains a favorite material of fashion designers for fall 2023. However, if you have a fuller figure, it’s better to avoid it and opt for one that doesn’t accentuate your curves. Cotton or wool are great organic alternatives!
Read also: Casual Fall Outfits for Curvy Women Over 50: How to Be Sporty Elegant This Season?
How to Wear Dress Pants After 50 and Achieve a Modern and Rejuvenating Style for Fall?
How should dress pants be worn? Well, there’s certainly no strict rule that any of us must follow, especially in 2023 when we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of the status quo! However, there are a couple of advantages to wearing this particular garment over 50 that will instantly turn it into your newest favorite wardrobe staple! They’re timeless, suitable for every body type, elongate your frame, and also conceal a multitude of imperfections in the lower part of the body. Scroll on to discover some super easy and trendy ideas on how to style them for the fall!
What to Wear with Women’s Dress Pants? – A Shirt, Of Course!
Are you tired of wearing boring work attire consisting of black tailored pants and a basic white blouse? This fall we’re saying ‘yes’ to bright, energetic, and rejuvenating colors! Style your classy pants with a tucked-in oversized shirt for an effortless youthful look!
What Jacket to Wear with Tailored Pants?
Depending on your own personal style (and climate) you can easily style tailored pants with an oversized blazer, a modern trench coat, leather or denim jacket. And don’t forget the appropriate accessories for the season, such as a beautiful scarf, or a smart hat to finish off your outfit.
Read also: What color to wear after 50? Focus on the right combinations that will make you look younger in 2023!
What Shoes Should 50-Year-Old Women Wear with Dress Pants?
Almost any shoe style can be worn with tailored pants. Depending on their length, you can opt for ballerinas, trendy loafers, a pair of pumps, or heeled ankle boots. To elongate your silhouette, choose the same color shoes as your pants. This will create the optical illusion of longer legs.
Read also: Fall Trends 2023: The Biggest Must-Haves Spotted at Fashion Week!
Other Fashionable Outfit Ideas to Try
Casual Chic Outfit Idea for Fall
Tailored Pants Paired with a Blazer
Dress Pants Styled with a Denim Shirt
Denim Tailored Pants with an Oversized White Shirt
Elegant Look in Black
Effortless Baggy Black and White Outfit
Elegant Suit for Women Aged 50 and Over
Stylish Old Money Outfit Idea for Fall 2023