Roast beef sandwich: 2 delicious and easy recipe ideas worth trying!
Are you a fan of roast beef? So are we! If you have a small piece of roast beef left over after a holiday dinner with the family, you can make delicious sandwiches with it the next day! They’re quick and easy to prepare with just a few ingredients and minimal cost! A roast beef sandwich is the perfect meaty snack to take with you to work or on a long-distance trip, and why not for a picnic with friends? In the following lines, we will share with you some great and very tasty recipe ideas for roast beef sandwiches! Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Roast beef sandwich recipe ideas
Who doesn’t love delicious beef dishes? You need to keep in mind that roast beef is cooked for a long time in order to turn juicy and tasty. It is therefore advisable to prepare it in advance. The meat goes well with a variety of vegetables and cheese. Sandwiches can include pickled onions, cucumbers, lettuce, peppers and much more. Even without vegetables, they can again be very tasty and filling! Check out our roast beef sandwich ideas and be prepared – chances are you’ll be running to the kitchen very soon! Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
How to prepare roast beef easily?
You didn’t think we’d leave you clueless about how to easily prepare roast beef, did you? Of course, we’ll help you with that too! Fry the beef in sunflower oil along with garlic and rosemary for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper afterwards. Wrap the meat with the garlic and rosemary in foil. Leave for 3 hours in a preheated oven at 176°F (80°C). When the meat is ready, slice it thinly or chop it, depending on your preference, so it’s ready for the sandwiches!
Sandwich with homemade mayonnaise
If you are a mayonnaise lover? Then why not make it yourself at home? Homemade mayonnaise is much tastier than store-bought, rest assured! It is extremely easy and quick to make, and you only need the egg yolks, but we have some great ideas on what to do with the egg whites too! Add the mayonnaise to your roast beef sandwich and enjoy the wonderful combination of flavors! Here’s how to prepare it:
- 4 large slices of toasted bread
- 1/2 pound sliced roast beef
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- a few lettuce leaves
For the mayonnaise:
- 2 raw egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ⅔ cups (150 ml) vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Start by making the mayonnaise. Place the egg yolks in a tall bowl. Add salt, sugar and vinegar. You can use apple cider vinegar instead of table vinegar to make the mayonnaise more delicate.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the egg yolk mixture and whisk with an immersion blender for about 3 minutes. When the sauce starts to thicken, start moving the blender up and down so that the ingredients are evenly mixed. The mayonnaise is ready.
- Spread the four slices of bread on one side with the prepared mayonnaise.
- Cut the tomatoes and onions into thin slices. Place tomatoes on all the slices of bread. Then put the onions on 2 slices of bread and the lettuce on the other two. Place the meat on top of the onions and cover with the bread and lettuce. Press lightly and serve.
Roast beef and horseradish sandwich
Adding a creamy horseradish sauce to a roast beef sandwich is our next great and delicious idea worth trying! You know this particular sauce is great for any kind of meat – steaks, ribs, etc. and there’s no way it won’t make a delicious sandwich too! Horseradish has a way of provoking your palate by making you enjoy and feel each flavor! We’ve chosen to show you how to make a unique sauce that also contains sour cream, which blunts the strong pungency of the horseradish! See detailed instructions on how to make the sandwiches below:
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound sliced roast beef
For the horseradish cream sauce:
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the horseradish cream sauce. Mix all ingredients in a bowl – horseradish, mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, kosher salt and pepper. Cover the bowl with foil and let the sauce sit for about 10-15 minutes. During this time, prepare everything else for the sandwiches.
- Add olive oil and butter to a skillet and set over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic. The onions should caramelize, which takes about 10 minutes. Be sure to stir periodically. Once the onions and garlic are golden brown, remove them from the heat and set aside.
- Cut the brioche buns in half and place them on a baking sheet in a baking pan. Brush each half with the horseradish sauce. Put the roast beef on only two of the halves, dividing the meat equally between the sandwiches. Then place the caramelized onions evenly over the meat. Put arugula on top of the other two halves of the buns.
- Carefully assemble the top and bottom of the sandwiches and pop them in the oven at about 212°F (100°C) for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve! Bon Appetit!