There is one spot in the bedroom, which is often forgotten, and this is the area under your sleeping place. Though, it would be excellent for keeping things. Do you know how to make the most of this underestimated area? With some fine underbed storage ideas you’ll transform this not enough utilized space into a practical and pleasing area.
Table of Contents
Ideas for Underbed Storage
Let’s discover the underbed storage ideas, which make the most of this not always valued and used enough area.
- Not used now seasonal clothes: Undoubtedly the most useful way to benefit from underbed storage is to keep the seasonal clothing, like woolen sweaters during summer, and light dresses during winter. One contemporary method is to use vacuum-sealed bags, which save space and protect your clothes from dust and moisture.
- Extra bedding and linens: Benefit from your under the bed area to keep clean and folded the bedding and linens. Place and store them in labeled containers or storage bins, which allows accessing them quickly and easily, while maintaining them clean and tidy.
- An abundance of shoes: For those women who have many shoes or ladies who suffer for not having enough space in the closet, underbed storage solution can be a savior. Purchase simple, stackable containers or organizers, designed for shoes, which you can slide easily under your bed.
- Favorite books: If you love reading, but don’t have space for an extra bookshelf, consider storing books and magazines under the bed. Select flat, shallow boxes or magazine holders for the purpose, and benefit from the easy access and organization.
- Loved hobbies and crafts: If crafting is your passion, or you have hobbies, which include a pile of supplies, underbed storage can be a great way to keep them. Label your containers to maintain all your materials organized and easy for access.
- Tidy toys and games: It’s useful to consider the spare place under the sleeping area for organizing children’s toys and games. Search to purchase a convenient solution like rolling drawers or plastic bins. They are simple, providing easy access and possibility for keeping these valuable items tidy and cleaned up.
- Out-of-season sports gears: Underbed is a suitable place also for storage of your sports equipments, which are contemporarily not in use. These may be snowboards, rollers skate, skis, or snowboards, that to be kept conveniently on place, while they are out of season. It’s possible to use padded bags to prevent them from possible damage or become dusty.
How Can I Make My Underbed Storage Look Nice?
There are a few tips how to realize your underbed storage ideas in a way that makes them look attractive and pleasing:
- Invest in stylish containers: Purchase storage containers with aesthetic appearance, or a beautiful woven baskets that suit your bedroom design. Find out the tones and materials, which harmonize with your room’s style to reach a cohesive decor.
- Cover with a bed skirt: Hide your storage items under your sleeping place with a bed skirt. Choose one with the desired by you design and fabric material, aiming to bring an elegance and sleek appearance, which fits to your room.
- Include drawer dividers: In case you’re using underbed drawers, consider including dividers to maintain the items more organized, and not to allow them to shift around.
- Search for low-profile containers: Find storage containers, which are low profiled, in order they not to peer from under the bed. This will lead to a streamlined and discreet look.
- Tag or label the containers: This measure is another way to improve the tidiness, but also contributes to the attractiveness of the room. Choose nice looking tags or labels to blend harmoniously with your bedroom.
Eco-Friendly Underbed Storage Ideas on a Budget
There is a growing number of environmentally conscious people, for which embracing the eco-friendly way of life, including the underbed storage ideas is a must:
- Reused drawers or crates: You may not buy new storage containers, but reuse old drawers or enhance wooden crates. It’s possible to renew them to look great with non-harmful natural paints for an original and fresh look.
- Naturally made baskets: Find storage baskets made from natural materials like bamboo, seagrass and jute. These biodegradable fibers will bring a sense of nature to your bedroom space.
- Decorate shoe boxes: These boxes may serve as a comfortable storage under your sleeping area. Pack them with colorful wrapping paper or natural fabric to achieve a visually attractive and pleasing look.
- Choose organic fabrics: You maybe prefer to utilize fabric storage containers or bed skirts. Then look for naturals materials, which are free of chemicals and organic. Linen, cotton or hemp fabrics, which are with an organic origin, may suit you and serve for the purpose ideally.