DIY Christmas Cards Ideas for Kids & Adults + Bonus Wishes!
How to make easy Christmas cards at home? Are there suitable ideas both for kids and adults?
Sometimes all a person really needs as a gift is a handmade creation with a thoughtful message… If you want to surprise your friends, family members, or coworkers for Christmas, why not roll up your sleeves and put a little time and effort into making festive DIY Christmas cards?
Table of Contents
DIY Christmas Cards Ideas 2023 for Kids & Adults
The winter holidays often inspire a lot of us to dig deep into the Christmas spirit and share it with those closest to us by creating meaningful gifts! Whether they are charming DIY Christmas tree ornaments or a collection of handpicked delicious goodies that you know the person you are giving them to will love, homemade presents in my opinion are the best kind! And ones with a heartwarming message? All the better! So get inspired for the holidays with our DIY Christmas cards ideas both suitable for kids and adults. Bonus wishes included!
Handmade Christmas Cards with Origami for Adults
As this Christmas card craft involves origami, it might be harder for younger children, so its best suited for adults. Although, the little ones can always take part in the activity as well. Here is an easy video tutorial provided by Divyanshi Rashi Art on how to make the origami Christmas trees:
The ones in the video are of much bigger size, but you get the picture. Just use smaller pieces of paper when making yours, or just make a big Christmas card! Glue the trees to blank paper or a white cardboard sheet. This part can be done by your children. Let them glue other elements on the cards as well, like glittery stars or snowflakes. Here are some ideas of what you can write, depending on who you are sending the card to and what kind of message you are going for.
- Something meaningful: Wishing you a season full of light and laughter for you and your family.
- Something funny: Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Have a wonderful Christmas!
- Something romantic: All I want for Christmas is you. (cheesy, but classic, wouldn’t you say?)
DIY Christmas Cards Idea 2023 for Kids
This idea is quite easy and can even be done by toddles. Scissors are involved, so make sure you keep on eye on your little ones while they are using them. But this craft will be a great way to practice their developing motor skills.
What you will need:
- White cardboard sheet or other color
- Glossy paper sheet in silver
- Little sparkly stars in gold
How to make the Christmas card:
- Start by folding the cardboard sheet into two. One of the sides will be used for the Christmas tree.
- Take the pencil and sketch out a Christmas tree on the glossy paper. Cut it out.
- Glue the cut-out Christmas tree to the opening side of the card.
- Glue the sparkly stars to the Christmas tree.
And now, for the wishes!
- Something meaningful:Happy Holidays! I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true.
- Something funny: Dance like Frosty, shine like Rudolph, give like Santa and remember; Christmas is about more than presents… there are also cookies! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Something funny 2x: “Knock Knock. Who’s There? Mary. Mary who? Merry Christmas!”
Create a beautiful DIY Christmas card with lace & colorful embellishments
Cute origami Christmas trees with pastel-colored paper
Easy DIY Christmas cards ideas for children with presents