DIY Christmas Decorations with Yarn – Quick and Easy Craft Ideas for Kids to Try This Year
What can I make with yarn without knitting? We shall answer you immediately – DIY Christmas decorations with yarn! Use all those leftovers that you have to create a variety of decorations for your home or office. In addition, they can be a cherished handmade Christmas gift for friends, colleagues, teachers or neighbors.
Table of Contents
- DIY Christmas Decorations with Yarn – Fun Craft Ideas for Kids and Adults
- More DIY Christmas Decorations with Yarn Ideas for Your Home
DIY Christmas Decorations with Yarn – Fun Craft Ideas for Kids and Adults
Not everyone is skilled at knitting and crocheting. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t use yarn as a crafting material, does it? Simple Christmas yarn crafts will fascinate children, because they can take part in the preparations for the holiday and everything that they make will bring pleasure and joy. Who would have thought that ordinary yarn will turn into wonderful crafts? Here are ideas for DIY Christmas decorations with yarn to inspire you for your next festive craft projects!
Easy Christmas Crafts for Children: DIY Snowflake From Yarn
- Cot out circles from the cardboard and then make slits along the edges of the circles.
- Take a long strand of yarn. Tuck the end in a slit and start wrapping the thread around the slits.
- When done, glue the end of the yarn to the back of the carboard.
- Add a loop and your yarn snowflakes are ready to decorate the Christmas tree.
DIY Yarn Wrapped Christmas Tree
- Glitter paper stars (beads, sequins, mini pompoms or other small decorations)
- Glue or hot glue gun
- Cut the cardboard into triangles. You can cut several ones into whatever size and even combine different sizes.
- Wrap the thread tightly around the cardboard. Secure the beginning and the end of the yarn strand with a dot of glue. If you have beads, you can thread them into the strand to resemble tree ornaments.
- Glue the decorations on the trees and you’re done!
DIY Christmas Decorations with Yarn: Tin Can Snowman Pen Holder
- a tin can
- white yarn
- googly eyes
- two large pompoms
- a pipe cleaner
- three beads
- orange and blue craft paper
- strong glue
- Cutting out a carrot shape from the orange paper. That will be the nose of the snowman. Then cut out a long strip of blue paper, which will be the scarf.
- Wrap the yarn tightly around the tin can so that it is completely covered. Secure the end with a dab of strong glue.
- Glue the pipe cleaner across the tin, as if to make a handle, then glue the two large pompoms to the sides, on top of the pipe cleaner.
- Glue the three large beads to the bottom of the box, as shown in the photo tutorial.
- Glue the long strip of paper around your tin can snowman.
- Finally, glue the googly eyes and the orange nose.
How to Make Yarn Christmas Trees with Cardboard Cones
- cardboard or styrofoam cones
- golden or silver thread, optional
- led lights
- a small silver star ornament
- hot glue gun
- Cut out a cone from cardboard. Trace the bottom of the cone on another piece of cardboard, cut out the circle and glue it onto the bottom of the cone.
- Dab some hot glue at the bottom of the cone and start wrapping the yarn from the bottom up to the top. Add a little amount of glue every few inches/centimeters.
- Optionally, you can add a golden or silver thread for extra glamor.
- Glue the beads and wrap the string lights around your yarn Christmas tree.
- Decorate the top of the trees with a star ornament.
Easy Yarn and Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Yarn in brown and other colors
- Googly Eyes
- Red Pom Pom
- Wrap the brown yarn tightly around the toilet paper roll until it is covered.
- Take the twigs and wrap colored yarn.
- Glue the twigs on the inside of the the toilet paper roll; they will be the antlers of the reindeer.
- Glue the googly eyes and the pop pom to make its nose.
How to Make a Yarn Christmas Wreath?
- Styrofoam Ring
- Yarn Of Your Choice
- Felt Pieces In Different Colors
- Hot Glue Gun
- Tree Ornaments
- Dried Orange Slice
- Artificial Fir Twig
- Take the end of the yarn and use the hot glue gun to fix it on the back side of the styrofoam ring.
- Wrap the yarn around the ring as tightly as you can and as close together as you can so that the Styrofoam is covered.
- Once you’ve wrapped the entire base, you are ready decorate the wreath. Cut three triangles from a piece of felt and glue them above each other to resemble a Christmas tree. Arrange and glue the felt flowers, tree ornaments, mini pine cones, the fir twig and citrus slices.
- Finally, glue the bowl and your yarn Christmas wreath is ready!
More DIY Christmas Decorations with Yarn Ideas for Your Home
This is how to make a tin can and yarn Santa Claus
These yarn and popsicle sticks gnomes are really cute