Festival Hairstyles For Long Hair: These Are the Top 20 Looks in 2023 That You Should Try!
Festival season has just started so it’s time to bring out the best summer dress and fringe boots. It’s time to unwind and dance in the sun until your feet hurt. Want to look and feel good at the next festival you attend? Here are top 20 festival hairstyles for long hair to try in 2023.
There are hairstyles for all textures so everyone can find something that suits them – whether you have thin, fine or thick hair, you can look cool with these hairstyles! Take notes, because you know you’ll want to try at least one of these awesome hairstyles.
Table of Contents
- How Do I Style My Hair for a Music Festival?
- Festival Braids with a Bun
- Festival Trends 2023 – Hippie Hairstyle with Hairband
- Festival Hairstyles for Long Hair – Simple Bubble Tails
- Curly Ponytail
- Chic Hairstyle with Accessories
- Choose Bold Hair Colors
- A Crown Braid for the Music Festival
- A Fishtail Braid Is a Work of Art
- Music Festivals 2023 – Hairstyle Trends for Long Hair
- Get the Coolest Look for Less Money
- Bubble Tails with Colorful Rubber Bands
- Festival Hairstyles for Long Hair – Bandana Is a Fashion Accessory
- Style Long Hair with Hair Clips
- Space Buns With or Without Bangs + Step-By-Step Instructions to Copy
- Dutch Braids as One of the Best Festival Hairstyles for Long Hair + Tutorial
- Khaleesi Braid
- Casual Half-Up – Messy Bun
- Combine Waves and Braids
- Hair Accessories – Chain for Long Hair
- Half-Up Hairstyle with Bangs
How Do I Style My Hair for a Music Festival?
We are sure that at least one of these amazing festival hairstyles is what you are looking for. The best way to look good and keep your hair out of your face while dancing is to tie your hair in a ponytail or braid. But you can also wear your hair down – there are a variety of simple and innovative ways to create a unique festival hairstyle.
Festival Braids with a Bun
A festival classic, this double braided bun will hold up in the hottest conditions. With braided pigtails and a bun, you can dance ’til the stars rise without worrying about a mess.
Festival Trends 2023 – Hippie Hairstyle with Hairband
A beautiful festival look can be achieved by anyone, regardless of braiding skills. Create beach waves or straighten your long hair and finish it off with a modern hippie headband. This look is reminiscent of the best of the hippie era, just in a modernized way.
Festival Hairstyles for Long Hair – Simple Bubble Tails
How about bubble braids? You’ve probably heard of bubble tails. They’re our new favorite festival hairstyle because they’re a real head-turner and they’re super easy to style at home.
Women who have naturally curly hair look stunning with this textured hairstyle. The ponytail keeps the hair out of the face while emphasizing the unique volume and structure.
Chic Hairstyle with Accessories
Try sparkling hair accessories this season. The combination of the accessories and a deconstructed boho braid or loose hair ensures a festival-ready, carefree look that is perfect for all events.
Flowers in your hair? Yes, they are also a beautiful option for a unique hairstyle!
Choose Bold Hair Colors
Even though other hairstyles with bright colors can be just as eye-catching, this hairstyle stands out with its loose braids, soft waves and glittery spray. A fun way to get into the festival mood without dyeing your hair dazzling turquoise is to add a few strands of temporary dye.
A Crown Braid for the Music Festival
A crown braid can be dressed up for a cocktail party or worn at a music festival. It is a simple style that gives the impression of being complex. A simple French braid braided from side to side on the head will do. Then the remaining hair is braided on the opposite side and secured with pins.
A Fishtail Braid Is a Work of Art
Even if your hair isn’t as long as Rapunzel’s, you can wear a trendy fishtail braid at the music festival if your hair is shoulder length or longer. Don’t be stressed if your braid isn’t perfect. The chaos at the festival may cause your braid to loosen, but that’s a good thing.
Music Festivals 2023 – Hairstyle Trends for Long Hair
This festival hairstyle is a great way to show off your long hair. Thanks to the high ponytail and the wavy, silky hair structure, the hairstyle looks feminine and elegant. This hairstyle deserves your special attention because it is modern and will flatter your features.
Get the Coolest Look for Less Money
This is another low-maintenance and stylish option for festival-goers with long hair. This stunning hairstyle requires little effort and only takes a few minutes, but still draws everyone’s attention. Women under thirty who want a look of timeless elegance should consider this style. Even if your hair is medium length, you can experiment with this festival hairstyle. Stunning, isn’t it?
Bubble Tails with Colorful Rubber Bands
Spice up your bubble tails with some colorful rubber bands this festival season!
Festival Hairstyles for Long Hair – Bandana Is a Fashion Accessory
Who says only women with short or shoulder-length hair can have fun?
These cool bandana hairstyles are easy to style and will give you a bohemian look.
Style Long Hair with Hair Clips
In case you haven’t noticed, the ’90s are making a big comeback and we couldn’t be happier with the new found freedom it gives us when it comes to festival hairstyles. Spice up your hair with lots of colorful butterfly hair clips. Use as many as you like – there is no limit!
Space Buns With or Without Bangs + Step-By-Step Instructions to Copy
These buns are simple, adorable, and adaptable. They are always a crowd pleaser. This sparkling hairstyle suits people with a wide range of hair types.
DIY space buns instructions:
- Start with a center parting in your hair.
- Tie your hair into 2 ponytails and secure them with hair ties.
- Flip your hair and repeat the process. It should now look like you’re grabbing 2 pom-poms. If you want more volume, backcomb your hair a bit.
- Make a bun by wrapping your twisted ponytails around the hair band. Use a bobby pin to hold the end in place. Wrap a hair band around the bun to keep it in place.
- Finally, spray the hairstyle with hairspray. You can spice up your hair with any glitter spray that you like. So simple and beautiful!
Dutch Braids as One of the Best Festival Hairstyles for Long Hair + Tutorial
The Dutch braid is a bit more difficult than the French braid, but if you can do the French braid, you can do the Dutch braid. Before you visit your hairdresser, you might want to try it a few times.
Take a look at this useful illustration to help you master the Dutch braid.
To do a Dutch braid, follow these steps:
- Instead of braiding the hair over and over again like a French braid, try braiding it under and around itself instead.
- After braiding, tie the hair with hair ties and spray them with hairspray.
- You can create a loose hairstyle by pulling strands out of the braids, or you can create a sportier look by keeping the braids tight.
- You can decorate to your heart’s content and add some glitter.
Inspired by Daenerys’ hairstyle from Game of Thrones, this gorgeous long hair braid is the key to unleashing your inner festival queen. Here’s how you can style the Khaleesi hairstyle!
Casual Half-Up – Messy Bun
A casual, half-up bun can be done in just a few minutes, making it the ideal hairstyle for a festival. You can combine it with some beach waves for a cool look.
Combine Waves and Braids
Gorgeous waves are paired with small braids and bun for a cute bohemian look.
Hair Accessories – Chain for Long Hair
A small chain like this in your hair is the perfect accessory for your curls.
Half-Up Hairstyle with Bangs
To complete your look, try a half updo.