You plan to work from home, which seems like the most comfortable thing to do until you are faced with how to arrange your home office, especially if your space is limited! What are the best and most practical small home office ideas? How do you set up a small home office in the living room? How to make the most out of your small space?
Table of Contents
Small Home Office Ideas 2023: Practical, But Cozy at The Same Time
Some love the busy and fast-moving life and running to the office every day and interacting with different people. Others prefer the comfort of home and working from there is much more productive for them. After COVID, many people started working from home and that is still the case today. But, being at home doesn’t mean it’s very comfortable if you work on a computer. Everyone needs an office to go to, so they can focus. However, if you don’t have a lot of space, the question that comes is how do you arrange your home office so that it’s practical?
How Do I Set Up a Home Office in a Small Living Room?
Most often we set up our home office in the living room, as the bedroom is all about relaxation and we don’t want to bring our work in there. But if you have a small living room, you need to think carefully about how to arrange your office to make the most of the space. Here are the ideas that I think would help you:
- First and foremost, determine where you are going to position yourself so that you can focus and find it easier to work. It is very important to choose the right place in the living room so that you can make it easier for yourself and not disturb others if you do not live alone.
- Now, you have to think about your desk. If your space is small, then you don’t need a big desk. There are a lot of foldable models that can do a perfect job. Another great idea are the desks that are inside a cabinet, that you can close when you don’t work and use for something else. There are desks that are build like shelves that are also idea solution for your small space. We are going to show you some examples in the gallery down below.
- Keep in mind that you have to find the right chair as well. Don’t go for the big office chairs that are comfy, but will take a lot of space. Find something that will suit your interior and that is comfortable at the same time. You are going to spend a lot of time in front of the computer, so you don’t want to damage your posture.
- If you don’t have any space to place a desk, think about using an existing table. If you are working on a laptop, things are going to be much easier, since you can remove it from the table after work.
How Do I Set Up a Small Home Office?
To get the most out of your small space, you have to take a few things into consideration. It is certainly not easy, but these ideas will ensure that you feel cozy and comfortable while working from home!
- First, determine the room and the space where you will work.
- Consider working from a laptop, if it is not mandatory to work from a computer, since it will take more space.
- Think about a small desk options like a foldable one, walking closet, or shelve that is large enough for your laptop.
- If you have a staircase, think about turning the space under it into a small home office.
- Minimize the things you are going to place on your desk. If you put a lot of things on it, it might look messy, which will make your space appear even smaller.
- If you have cables around your desk, think about using a power strip that will arrange them and make them appear neat.
- Organize your small home office in a way that everything has an easy access and doesn’t look messy at the same time.
- Don’t install big cabinets. Instead, try using shelves that are arranged vertically. Like that you will have a lot of storage space without taking a lot from your living room or bedroom, depending on where the home office is.
Should You Put a Desk In Front of a Window?
You probably think that putting your desk in front of a window is wrong and many people will tell you that it would interfere with your work. Well, it’s not quite like that! Of course, if your window is pointing directly at the sun, it won’t be very pleasant. But if it’s not, then nothing would stop you from taking advantage! Working in a home office has its advantages, but the one disadvantage is that you are not outside but at home most of the time. Looking out the window would definitely do you good mentally.
Read also: How to get your home office lighting right?
Home Office Ideas for Small Spaces
Home Office in a Small Bedroom in Front of a Window
Small Home Office Space Idea
Foldable Shelves for a Desk: Home Office in a Tiny Living Room
Small Home Office Behind a Wall in a Living Room
How Do I Get the Most Out of My Small Space for a Home Office?
Small Home Office in a Bedroom Idea
Small Home Office With a Desk in a Cabinet
Small Home Office Idea in a Tiny Space
Home Office in a Small Living room: Shelf Desk Idea
Tiny Home Office Space Ideas 2023