DIY Paper Angels: Easy Homemade Ornaments for Your Christmas Tree
Homemade angel tree decorations are among the most sought-after and well-known Christmas decorations ever. And as angel decorations usually only require wings, a head and a body, they can be made at home with relatively little effort. DIY Paper Angels? Yes, cool idea! Would you like to try these DIY projects too?
The following homemade angel decorations are made from paper, paper plates and toilet paper. They can be made quickly and easily, all you need is a little imagination and skill. Most of them are so simple that you can make them with the help of your children, giving you not only a beautiful tree decoration but also a special family memory.
Table of Contents
DIY Paper Angels is a traditional Scandinavian pastime. Usually, they are in shades of white. Of course you can use colored paper for this.
What you need:
- Colorful paper
- 1 large bead
- Hot glue gun
- Cut out a 9×6 inches/13 x 15 cm rectangle for the angel’s dress and a 3,5×3 inches/9 x 8 cm rectangle for the wings.
- To make an accordion out of the larger piece of paper, start by folding it on the longer side. The width of a fold can be up to 0,3 inches/1 cm.
- Fold the paper in half to find the center, then punch a small hole there.
- Make the wings by folding the smaller rectangle in the same way as the larger one, along the longer side. Fold the paper in half to create a slit.
- Cut a piece of twine about 10 inches/25 cm long.
- You can make a knot larger than the hole in the center of your sheet by folding the twine in half and tying the ends together.
- Begin by threading the looped end of the twine through the bottom of the larger, folded paper, followed by the bottom of the smaller, folded paper. Finally, attach the large bead that will serve as the head. Cut off the excess twine.
- Using the hot glue gun, apply glue to one side of the folded paper, bring the paper together with the other side and hold until the glue dries.
- Now you can attach the wings to the dress: Attach the wings to the top of the dress by gluing a strip along the bottom edge.
- Attach the head by dabbing some glue around the hole at the top of the wings. The cute angel is ready!
Angel Made from Craft Paper and Wooden Beads
These craft paper angels are adorable and easy to make. They are a fun project that kids can help with. You can use them as ornaments for the Christmas tree or as decorations for your house, or both! To make a large number of these angels you only need a few simple materials. They take no time at all to make. Ideal for sharing some quality time with your loved ones.
Take a piece of craft paper and cut off a section. Twist the paper and create a cone shape. After that, cut off the pointed part – this will be the body of your angel. Then glue the wooden bead with hot glue: now the head is ready and you can paint beautiful eyes on it. You can also decorate the angel’s dress with colors or glitter as you wish. Finally, all you should do is draw the angel’s wings on a piece of paper, cut them out and glue them to the body. If you want, you can also make a shiny halo over the figure’s head.
DIY Paper Plates Angel Decorations
This paper plate angel is a wonderful and easy project for you and your children. Take a paper plate and cut out a triangular shape. This part will be the angel’s dress. Also make two small arms. Then attach the dress to the main part of the plate and also the arms. An old plastic Easter egg can serve as the head. Draw a face, cut out hair from paper and attach a small halo. What a beautiful decoration that your children can also make themselves!
Angel Made from Toilet Paper Roll
This project requires a little more materials, but then making the figure is easy and fun. Take a roll of toilet paper and extra construction paper to serve as arms and wings. The angel’s head can be made from a small piece of paper and the halo from a straw. Be creative and add your own embellishments.
Quick and Easy DIY Paper Angels Craft Ideas
These DIY paper angels can be made very quickly, even at the last minute.
Grab some paper and start making beautiful tree decorations.