Cute Halloween Crafts for Kids: 6 Easy Ideas for a Festive Mood
Halloween is just around the corner and the kids are so happy and excited about this! Themed decorations are popular with everyone, wouldn’t you say? That’s why today we are offering you some creative ideas on how to make cute Halloween crafts for kids!
Try one of these colorful craft ideas with your little ones, and you’ll bring joy to the whole family this Halloween! The crafts are simple and can be made with just a few materials. And they’re suitable for kids of all ages.
Table of Contents
Halloween Crafts for Kids: How to Make a Cat Wreath?
Do you love crafting for Halloween? Your kids will be sure to love this idea! With a little help from an adult, the little ones can make this sweet wreath that’s perfect for decorating the front door this time of year.
This is how it is done:
- Wrap a 36cm/14.17in foam wreath form with a wide black ribbon and secure it with floral pins until it is completely covered.
- Cut two 26cm/10.23in pieces of wire.
- Poke holes for the ears at the top of the wreath.
- Bend the wire to form the ears and insert them into the wreath form.
- Wrap the wire ears with ribbon and secure them with hot glue.
- Add an orange jute bow, perfect for the Halloween mood.
Cute Halloween Crafts for Kids: Dwarf Pumpkins
What can you make for Halloween? Create a little magic with scraps of fabric and mini pumpkins. This idea is perfect for decorating your home.
How to make dwarf pumpkins:
- Find a wool-resembling template for the hat. Resize as needed, and cut out.
- Glue the straight edges of the hat together with craft glue or tape to create a cone shape.
- Stuff the hat with cotton wool to make it stand upright; place the hat on a small pumpkin.
- Attach a small wooden bead to the pumpkin with hot glue to form a nose.
- Using hot glue again, attach strands of yarn around the nose to form a beard. Trim as necessary.
Make an Owl Pumpkin from Natural Materials
Children love making crafts with natural materials. Send the little ones on a journey through the garden to collect some items and help them make this cute friendly decoration!
How to make the owl pumpkin:
- Collect small and medium-sized leaves, acorn caps, grass and pine cones from the garden.
- Glue the small leaves to the front of a little, oblong pumpkin, overlapping each other slightly to form feathers.
- Now glue four larger pieces on each side so that they overlap and form wings.
- Attach a piece of thin leather cord to a small acorn pumpkin with hot glue to draw the outline of the face.
- Break a cone into pieces and use the individual scales to form the nose, attaching them with hot glue.
- Attach acorn caps for eyes and grass pieces for ears and whiskers. So, your cute Halloween craft is ready!
How to Make Paper Bag Monster Dolls for Halloween?
This is a cute idea for Halloween crafts for kids that you can do at home with your little ones while also having a lot of fun! Make paper bag monster dolls by following these instructions:
What you’ll need:
- Paper bag
- Acrylic paint (color of your choice)
- Colored card stock paper
- Felt-tip pens
- Circle punch
- Paint the front and bottom of the paper bag with the color of your choice. Allow them to dry completely.
- With the help of scissors, the circle punch and felt-tip pens, create a unique monster with the colored card stock paper.
- Let your creativity take over your mind and body! Think of eyeballs, teeth, funny patterns, pointy ears and horns.
Also read: How to Make Halloween Bag for Treats? 3 Easy Last-Minute Ideas
Make Cute DIY Monster Bookmarks
You can also make easy Halloween decorations for kids out of paper. For this project you will need a sheet of paper (preferably origami paper), scissors, cut-out eyes, mouth, etc. and glue to make the monster.
How to proceed:
- Start by folding the paper in half.
- Fold the left and right corners toward the center. Trim off the excess and cut in half to create two triangles.
- Unfold them – you’ve got two squares that will soon turn into two monster bookmarks!
- Fold the square in half – you get a rectangle – fold it in half again, and you get a smaller square. Unfold it.
- Decorate your craft with eyes and a mouth, and you’re done!
How to Make an Easy Apple Stamp Craft for Toddlers?
How to create crafts with toddlers for Halloween? Learn how to make an easy and fun craft for little stamped pumpkins out of apple halves.
What you’ll need:
- An apple, cut in half
- Orange acrylic paint
- Small paint brush
- Googly eyes
- Brown and green pipe cleaners
- Hot or craft glue
How to stamp an apple:
- Using the paint brush, dab some of the orange acrylic paint onto the apple half.
- Press the painted apple half gently onto the paper. If you want, you can touch up the unpainted areas with the brush.
- While the painted pumpkins are drying, prepare the remaining elements of the craft.
- Cut the brown pipe cleaners into small stems and twist the green ones around a pencil to form a curled leaf.
- Glue the stem and curled leaf on the painted apples.
- Glue on little googly eyes and your pumpkin craft is ready for display!
In need of more ideas for spooky Halloween decorations? Try these easy bat crafts.