How to Recycle Jeans? 3 Cool DIY Tutorials for Adults & Kids
How to recycle jeans? Can you repurpose old ones into something useful? What are some cool ideas for adults and kids?
Table of Contents
How to Recycle Jeans? Creative Ideas for Adults & Kids
Wondering what to do with those old pair of jeans that have been piling up in your closet for years now? Some just don’t fit any more, but you would prefer to not throw them away? I perfectly understand you. Sometimes there are certain items that we just can’t part with because of sentimental value. Or you just can’t stand the idea of getting rid of an object that you think can still be useful. Either way, there are numerous creative ideas on how to recycle jeans to give them new life and purpose. Today at Deavita.net, we are offering you with 3 interesting crafts for adults and kids! Are you up to the task?
How to Recycle Jeans Into a Boho Wall Decoration?
Want to create a Boho chic decoration for your home? This DIY craft with old jeans is suitable both for beginner and expert crafters. And, it doesn’t require any sewing. Let’s begin, shall we?
- Big scrap pieces from jeans
- Driftwood or branch
- Wooden beads
- Fabric glue
- Using the free template provided below, cut out a leaf shape from a scrap of denim. Make sure that the template lies in the same direction as the weave of the denim.
- Cut a piece of twine a couple of inches longer than the denim leaf/feather shape.
- Cover the prepared twine in fabric glue and stick it to the centre of the cut-out denim shape.
- Make the feathers by fraying the denim as you pull out its threads. You do this by removing the threads of one colour.
- Repeat this method until you get several white and blue feathers in various sizes.
- Thread the twine of a blue and white denim feather through the same wooden bead.
- Hang the repurposed denim feathers from a wooden stick. You can attach them with a drawing pin at the back of the stick.
- Hang your beautiful Boho DIY decoration anywhere you want and enjoy your cool craft!
Upcycle Old Jeans Into Cute Friendship Bracelets! (Idea for Kids)
What you will need:
- Denim strips
- Colourful & cool buttons
- Sewing kit
- Other embellishments of choice
How to recycle jeans as friendship bracelets:
As your child might not be old enough to have learned to sew, you can help them out with the sewing part or just use glue to attach the desired embellishments. Start by cutting the old denim jeans into strips designed for bracelets. Give your child time to think of the way they want their bracelets to look. They can even sketch out some ideas! Up next, either sew the embellishments onto the denim bracelet with a thread and needle, or simply glue them. Now they can wear their bracelets, or give them to a friend as a token of friendship.
Also read: How to Upcycle Men’s Shirt? 10+ Creative DIY Ideas
How to Recycle Jeans Into a Bag?
This isn’t one of the easiest crafts from old jeans to make, but it’s definitely worth it and really stylish. All you need is your basic sewing skills. Are you up for it?
- Sewing machine
- 2 1 inch D-rings
- 1 inch black twill tape
- 1 decorative purse strap
- Pair of jeans
- Small zip
How to recycle jeans into a stylish bag:
- Start by cutting the leg of below the crotch of your jeans.
- Open the front seam and pit in flat. Now sew along the pin lines.
- After sewing the centre, cut off the excess fabric. Repeat the same on the centre of the backside of your jeans.
- Pin and sew a 1/2 inch seam on the bottom.
- Now match the side seam with the sown bottom to make a point. Measure 3.5 inches across and mark a line. Pin and sew along it.
- Either cut off the point or leave it for extra support. Repeat the same on the other line.
- Proceed by turning the back right side out, and you’ll see that you have a nice boxed bottom for your stylish bag.
- Now pin one side of the zip just inside the waistband. Sew this side by using a blue or navy thread.
- Open the zip and pin the other side. Sew in place.
- Take the twill tape and cut a small piece to slide through the D-ring.
- Pin this to the top of the side of the denim bag and sew it in place. Trim off any excess twill.
- Clip the pretty decorative strap/
- Enjoy your cute denim bag!
Also read: DIY Custom Painted Jeans: 3 Easy Ways to Upcycle Old Denim Pants This Weekend!